iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trojan loaders

Started by Sawyerfortyish, October 25, 2005, 10:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawyerfortyish

Does anyone know anything about them. Can you get parts for em? Do they even make them anymore? Did the company get swallowed up by another company? I know where thers one for sale and i'm just fishin for info.

woodhick

I have a buddy that has one.  It's an old ugly thing but it rins and works fine.  I do know that the one he has now is his second one, first one was smaller and he upgraded :D.  I will try to find out how hard parts are to come by.  But my two cents worth are if the price is right buy. :D
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Paul_H

One of my kiln customers has a Trojan loader that is around a 930 Cat size.The brakes on the Trojan are air over hydraulic and both of his master cyl pots are gunnysack but he's too cheap to buy new ones.  I think he had sourced them out of NJ or NY.

I ran the loader last year for him a few times and the old machine really wasn't too bad.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Gilman

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Lenny_M

I don`t know much about the loaders. If its got the Duetz air cooled engine. Its a really tough engine.easy to work on and easy to get parts. the parts are on the costly side though.
top ends of all their engines are the same. you can take the piston,jug and head from a 3cyl and drop it on a 8 cyl. keep the exturnal push rod tube seals from leaking and pluging the cooling fins and the engine will go for manny hours. I did the top end of a 3 cyl 2 times and never touched the bottom end,over 60000 hrs when it was traded

Sawyerfortyish

Thank You Sponsors!