iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Assistance with e-2300 solenoid issue

Started by doctorb, November 11, 2019, 01:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorb

My e-2300 was built in March of 2009 and has been run every winter since then.  I have a dual fuel model, but have never used the dual fuel feature.  My problem is that the upper left solenoid isn't working.

I turned on the duel fuel start sequence to make sure that the other solenoids (identical ones on the right) were working OK, and switched out the faulty one for a working one. Still, the upper left solenoid doesn't open.

I have double checked the wires and attachments.  No evidence of fraying or mice action, and the contacts seem solid.

So, 2 questions.
1.  As the stove boots up to high burn, what is the order of solenoid opening?  The fan solenoid and the lower left solenoid come on fine currently.
2.  Suggestions for further troubleshooting or repair?

Thanks.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Logging logginglogging

Its been a while since I had my 2300 But i seem to remember there possibly being a fuse behind the controller. Also I do know some folks had had to replace faulty controllers.

doctorb

Thx.  Looked under similar topics and, as almost always happens, the info was right here on the Forum.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

doctorb

Ah, one answer always leads to more questions.....

Anyone know if each solenoid has their own fuse, or are all solenoids on the same rise?

boilerman101

Been 10 years since I had my 2300. If I remember right, it had just one 5 amp fuse to run everything. It was located on the side of the air box in back. 3 solenoids were lined up vertically on one side and 2 solenoids lined up vertically on the other side in that box. For wood burning the 3 side was all that activated. The fan came on and the top solenoid opened, 1 minute later the 2nd down also opened, another minute later the bottom solenoid activated and lifted a plate with 2 cutouts up off the fan port for secondary high air input. The 2 solenoids on the other side were for the burners. The top solenoid fed air to the firebox ignition burner and the bottom solenoid fed air to the the lower back up burner that would burn into the reaction chamber. Hopefully I'm remembering right and that helps you doc

Thank You Sponsors!