iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some great deals at Paul Bunyan and LOGRITE

Started by Ironwood, October 02, 2010, 09:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

Well, I was looking for a smallish grapple and rotator for a HIAB 035 (5500lb knuckle boom http://www.atlaspolar.com/material-handling-equipment/hiab-035-truck-mounted-crane.html ) and found two "new" old stock Norrhydro grapples, one NH16 and one NH30 WITH a rotator for $1200 and $1500, respectively. Man, if that aint a deal.  The 30 opends to 50" and the 16 opens to 32-36". I am going back tomorrow to snag the NH16. My plan is to make a double "Reese" style reciever on the back of a F-550 4x4 to load the truck deck and the trailer behind. The "quick hitch" will be much like and ole Farmall style set up before the three point system became standard. I want ot be able to put it on the truck at will, and yet not have to drag it around all the time. I bought a BIG grapple and rotator from Frickman for my bigger knuckleboom but it just seemed a little heavy for the Hiab 035.

Also, saw Kevin from Logrite, and the generous folks from LOGOSOL (thanks for the tickets and the knife Steve ;D). I also got to see the new MX34 from Norwood, REALLY well done, and that is saying something cause I love the LM4000 I have. They improved the unit and maintained their quality standard.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Don_Papenburg

Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

woodhick

Congrats on the find Ironwood.  I saw Kevin but no other members.   I was a little let down with the show this year.  Seems to be less vendors every year.   Stihl did not have their product trailer there, just their carving team.  Still enjoyed spending the day with my son and the weather was perfect.    I started taking my son to the show when he was 4.  He is 17 now so it has become  a good event for us.  

I did REALLY like the new Kubota skid steer.  Way out of my budget at $48,000 but hey its nice to dream!
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Ironwood

Yeah, I saw that Kubota also, I thought it was new. I dont even dream about that stuff, too much other stuff going on. I would really like to have a mini excavator with a thumb and front blade though :D.

I LOVE where the new show is, much much easier to get to. I think it was a good choice for the OFA to move it. It was hard to even drive my pickup to the old event site, let alone some of these tractor trailered loads.

I suppose the economy and market trends in forestry have alot to do with declining vendor participation. In all I think it's a great happening.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

woodhick

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the location.  I liked it much better when it was in Nelsonville at Hocking College.   I thought the atmosphere there was much better.   I do agree the new location is much easier to get to and especially for the vendors hauling in heavy equipment, but I still liked the other site best.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Ironwood

Waiting for Kevin (Logrite) to get here, Here are pics of the small Hiab that the grapple will go on. This was a take-off from another truck. Largest locust tree I have had here. I was making it creak and groan. Very good stregnth to weight ratio, weighs 1000, lifts 5500.

Ironwood

Ironwood

Met Kevin, what a great guy. Didn't even want any compensation ::) for his time. What a value, unit opens to 38-39". I will need to have an adapter machined, no biggie. I sure have met some great folks thru the FF, just good people.

ALSO, heard they may be moving tthe show to Columbus Ohio area to pick up some more Indiana and Kentucky folks.

Ironwood

Thank You Sponsors!