iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just bought a husky 562XP

Started by Mikeinkaty, July 27, 2016, 09:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikeinkaty

Can't wait for the Practica 61.   I'll keep plugging away on it.   To much of a friend to part with.  In the meantime I got big logs to cut.

Mike

Ada Shaker

Yep, play with it later with spare time. Might even end up being your backup saw.
If it hangs to the left, your likely to be a Husqvarna man.
If it hangs to the right, your likely to be a Stihl man.
Anything else is an uncomfortable compromise.
                             AND
Walking with one foot on either side of a barbed wire fence can become extremely uncomfortable at times.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

motohed

I think you will be pleased with your purchase .

DelawhereJoe

If the 61 is in the same class as an old 041 then you'll be more then happy with the 562xp, as I am with my 362 c-m
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Ada Shaker

Quote from: DelawhereJoe on July 28, 2016, 08:39:08 PM
If the 61 is in the same class as an old 041 then you'll be more then happy with the 562xp, as I am with my 362 c-m

They certainly put a smile on ones face when one reaches for it.
If it hangs to the left, your likely to be a Husqvarna man.
If it hangs to the right, your likely to be a Stihl man.
Anything else is an uncomfortable compromise.
                             AND
Walking with one foot on either side of a barbed wire fence can become extremely uncomfortable at times.

Mikeinkaty

Well, my 562XP may indeed have a backup saw!

I compared the strength of the flywheel magnets between my 543XP and the 61 and could not tell a difference.  So I pulled the coil and ignition module.  Cleaned them up like new and inspected all the wiring.  I pulled the plug wire out of the coil then reseated it.   Put it all back together and tested the spark using the pull rope.  Big beautiful blue spark!   Gassed it up and it started!   Ran for a little while but I only had the low speed screw out 1 turn and it died.   It was pretty noisy for 10:30 at night so I said the heck with it will wait till tomorrow.

Persistence pays off.

brendonv

Great saw. Check the bolts often. Mine rattled loose and now won't tighten. Saw cut a lot trees bet never had that issue with my stilhls. Also the oiler stopped working, happened to my friends saw too.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Mikeinkaty

Would you believe I found a new OEM coil and module for the 61 for only $69.   Maybe the 562 will be the backup saw!!

HiTech

The power to weight on the 562XP is great...impressive. It will also handle a 24" bar if needed but is a little off balance, front heavy. Read the destructions on how to cold and hot start and you will like it better. I did not do this when I first bought mine. Been running saws forever...I knew how to start a saw. lol After a few days of fighting with it I got the destruction manual out and read it. Now I have no problems with it. For an old fart like me it is the perfect saw; light weight, cuts fast and decent on fuel. Bought it the first year it came out. Never had a saw go from idle to wide open as fast as this saw does. Must have been built on a Wednesday. lol

Mikeinkaty

After putting the new carb on I was trying to start the 61 with the low idle screw two far out.  Kept flooding out the engine.  Once I figured this out I got it running.  At best low idle speed the screw was only out 1/2 turn!!   Not much more for the high idle. 

Mikeinkaty

I think it is that the 562xp is more in the same class as the old Practica 61. 😋

SawTroll

Quote from: Mikeinkaty on August 02, 2016, 01:12:19 AM
I think it is that the 562xp is more in the same class as the old Practica 61. 😋

Only when it comes to size in CC.

The ol' 61 was a less costly option to the 162se, like the 555/556 are to the 560xp/562xp today. The power output is much higher on the new saws though.

Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!