iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shootout

Started by Arthur, May 05, 2005, 04:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

having not participated in a shootout I would like to find out the rules and what is expected.

what type of wood (hard or soft, size,etc)???

what are the categories???

etc,etc,etc.

thanks

arthur

leweee

Arthur...check these folks out for more info

http://www.huggercom.com/sawlex/visit.html

Less than a month to go. 8)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

TN_man

I am planning on attending. Sure would like to see your mill there, Arthur.
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Arthur

leweee

started there looked else where.  everyone is talking about it but not giving actual information as to what the shootout comprises.  I know the time is tight but dont know what sizes are required, what lengths, type of wood, one or two operators,etc.

arthur

Wife

real simple Arthur.
Longest logs only 12'6" approx 24" dia x 2 of.
small logs 8'6" approx 18" dia x 2 of.
Cut them into 1" and 2" material from 4" up to 12" (1x4 being the smallest, 2x12 being the largest)
You have HEAPS of time to cut them, normally two hours. Logs normally approx 450 bft give or take some.
Lots of fun by all. 8)
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

Arthur

Wife

thanks

Logs seem a bit small short to me.  Why not 6m or 7m.

just have to shorten the mill length to speed things up for the shorties

arthur

D._Frederick

The Saw mill shoot is sponsered by Independent and Sawmill & Woodlot Management magazine. Go to there Website for full details, they have it copy rited.

Ernie

Wife

A shootout at the Mystery Creek field days would be interesting.  It's probably too late for this year though. :( :(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Thank You Sponsors!