iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The festool tracksaw dust port issue?

Started by Brad_bb, March 20, 2024, 01:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

I've got the corded TS75.  I've been struggling with 1. the hose coming out of the port as I'm sawing.  I figured that one out watching youtube videos.  I had to see other people insert and twist it more than I was twisting.  While mine felt like it hit a hardstop long before any locking action, seeing how much they twisted it on the videos, I gave it a harder than I though it should twist and it locked in.  So that one is solved.  2. the famous dust port that rotates in an orientation that is least desirable every chance it can.  So here's the question:  I see there's a number of 3D printed solutions out there for a dust port insert that won't rotate but can be made to point in one direction and stay there.  I've also read on a forum that the dust port made for the cordless TS should fit on the corded one and it doesn't rotate?  Any recommendations for anyone who's found a good port?  I don't want to run a screw through it like some have done.  Thanks.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

NE Woodburner

I have a festool rotex 150 sander, which was already more than I wanted to spend so didn't want to spring for the festool vac system (yet) so I bought a kit from Rockler that included a flexible hose and several connectors. It wasn't terribly expensive and allowed me to connect my fetool to my shop vac. I wonder if any of those connectors in the kit would solve your issue?

jcbrotz

Did you buy the Festool vacuum? expensive yes but worth it Festool uses a unique sized fitting for sure but the one on their hose setup doe hold tightly inside of my ts75 very seldom comes out unless i catch it on the track itself. I believe the vacuum is well worth the extra $$ atleast in my experiences.
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

Thank You Sponsors!