iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beetle kill pine chairs in progress

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 25, 2020, 08:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTired

That is one fine looking rocker!!!   smiley_thumbsup
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

trimguy

firefighter ontheside

Thanks guys, the rocker took a long time to build, not only because it was an on again/off again project.  I doubt I'll ever make another.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Nebraska

Ok you done up that rocking chair thing  even purdier than the blue stain chairs. 8)  That's a dang nice rocker. Had you shown it on here before? It's got to have at least a little story behind it.

firefighter ontheside

@Nebraska i don't believe I've put it on here before.  I'm on a woodworking forum called Lumberjocks and a few of us decided to have a little contest building Maloof rockers, so I built this chair.  Our friend James Hamilton, known as Stumpy Nubs on YouTube, offered up some prizes.  I won a dust deputy for my router table since everyone voted my chair best.
One of the other guys involved is Monte Pittman who is a member here, but hasn't been active in a long time.  Monte used to have a sawmill in South Dakota and sawed a lot of BKP.  I got the wood for the dining chairs from him.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Nebraska

I can see why you won! Thanks for the story.

Thank You Sponsors!