New Woodland Mills HM126

Started by jbjbuild, November 27, 2017, 07:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbjbuild

Just a little introduction.  I'm planning on purchasing the HM126 this week and hope to have it setup and running by the first of the year. I have a small farm in southeast Indiana with about 20 acres of mixed hardwoods. I do a lot of furniture making and will use a lot of the lumber for that plus some small buildings around the farm. I'll post pictures when I get it up and running.
Jeff
Woodmizer LT35HD, John Deere 790, Logrite Cant Hook

thecfarm

jbjbuild,welcome to the forum.
A good introduction.
You been around a sawmill before?
You will need a cantdog or a peavey. Probably a cantdog will suit you better. Someone on here said it don't leave a mark in the wood when you turn it. Logrite is a sponsor on the left. Nice people to buy from,made in the USA.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jbjbuild

Thanks thecfarm,
I do have a cantdog that I use when maneuvering logs around in the forest. I will probably get a longer one with more leverage though.
I've been around sawmills, but have only limited experience running one.
Woodmizer LT35HD, John Deere 790, Logrite Cant Hook

HOLTeam

I am new to the forum, so only a few post so far, how do you like your mill, if you have time, would love to see pics of it as well. Keep us posted and have a blessed week.