iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wild Hogs and grits

Started by thecfarm, March 18, 2014, 09:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

After all these years of my never ending cursade I have found out why there are really no grits in the great state of Maine. No Wild Hogs.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

Now are you educationing me ???  You tellin' that that (Tom) is how grits is spred.  :P   
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

I know it's a conspiracy theory, but I have never see a Wild Hog in Maine. There has been a few people that wanted me to chase thier hogs,because they got out of the pen,I said nope,I ain't a chasing. I kinda think the two MIGHT be linked.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Texas Ranger

must not have bacon.  What a desolete country that would be.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thecfarm

Oh we have bacon,just no Wild bacon. Lots of people raise pigs and hogs. They are all in a pen,building. Non running free,to roam the country side. In fact,you can buy piglets at the local hardware store,just like chicks,order form and all.

SwampDonkey

Ah, but we had Maine wild hogs up here. They was the neighbor's hogs (in Maine) that free ranged in our grain and potatoes all summer. We got free hog that fall in the freezer as did other relatives. :D

Wars were fought over hogs didn't ya know? ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tFZcMSfCmU
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pappy19

This is becoming quite corny.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

Quote from: thecfarm on March 18, 2014, 09:04:24 PM
After all these years of my never ending cursade I have found out why there are really no grits in the great state of Maine. No Wild Hogs.  :D
Deep down, way down, I sense a real desire you must have for the love of grits ;D  It seems you have hidden these feelings for way to long, it's not all so bad, get some Tennessee Pride sausage or your favorite and make you a pot of grits, You can do it while no one is around just in case you have a smiley_lit_bulb, we will welcome you in :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Texas Ranger

Be careful, Swamper, we have a few excess troops available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjgcsj4zX4M
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DanG

Methinks ol' Cfarm has coined a new term, the cursade.  I can envision grits lovers and grits haters cursing each other on the internet for centuries.  :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

red oaks lumber

wild hogs.. i saw the movie,didnt see them boys eatin grits either :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

drobertson

Quote from: DanG on March 19, 2014, 12:24:52 PM

Methinks ol' Cfarm has coined a new term, the cursade.  I can envision grits lovers and grits haters cursing each other on the internet for centuries.  :D :D
Ain't  no cursing here, just lots of laughs, some folks don't like onions, and some folks don't like cheese, some of which is an allergy problem.  For me, to chat about likes and dislikes is just fun, nothing more.. Thank God no one has attacked gravy, we all know this is another important part of the table fair, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

pappy19

Maybe Dr. Suess really meant Green Ham and Grits instead of Green Eggs and Ham, ya think?
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Dave Shepard

Suess was born in Springfield, MA. He would have escaped grits indoctrination as a small child. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WH_Conley

Ya gotta have the Grits so the Hogs will be fat. :D
Bill

thecfarm

Dave Shepard,thank you,I can not be everywheres.

Dave Shepard

I've got your back in this never ending Battle of the Grits.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

That's funny.
We are strong in numbers.  ;D

SwampDonkey

What about the collards and green peppers? :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

SwampDonkey

Ray's not a greenie. Cheese and steak is his diet, so he says. :D

Dave Shepard

thecfarm

Someone forgot bread.  ;D

SwampDonkey

And that's the white baker's bread, that kind that binds good. :D

Thank You Sponsors!