iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Repair/Service Manual Downloads

Started by Corley5, January 08, 2022, 10:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Any suggestions on a preferred site to download repair/service manuals?  There's more than a few out there and some seem sketchy :-\   Deere has their own store but are more than twice what others are in typical Deere fashion, but you get what you pay for sometimes...  I need a repair manual for my Deere 544H.  PDF seems to be the way to go.  More economical and if the page gets greasy you throw it away and print another.  I should have bought one before I had an issue :) :)  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

BargeMonkey

Every book you want is on Ebay right now, I looked 😆. I can check but I think mine is 644H only. I've got all the powertec books for a 4.5-6.8-8.1 if you needed a copy of those. 

GRANITEstateMP

Corley,

when we needed a manual for our old TJ230D, it was through the deere site.  I think I got a cd, if I remember correctly, it was cheaper, and I can just print pages off for whatever repair we're doing.  If they don't get greasy, they get hole punched and into a binder. If they do get greasy, firestarter!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

TxTIG

I've also bought manuals from the JD website.  Was able to download every .pdf that I needed.

Don P

I've looked up manuals online and just about every time there are a ton of hits but when I look at the website name it is from another country and has a name like BettysNails.bfe or something else I wouldn't expect to see an equipment manual listed under. I've never clicked. What's the deal?

Corley5

I just ordered the USB version of repair and diagnostics manuals from an Ebay seller $45.  He's got a 99.7 percent positive feedback and is in Marshfield Wi.  Other sites appeared to be offshore and seemed sketchy.  Deere wanted almost a $100.00 for the repair manual on CD and almost $500.00 for the diagnostic manual on CD.  

nativewolf

A USB device is a very risk way to receive a manual.  Lots and lots of ways for a hacker to take over your computer from a USB device.  Hmm.  I'd take that USB device to a Kinkos.  I'd open it there.  I'd copy the PDF to the Kinkos facility and then copy that file to a clean USB or DVD.  No way I'd load a USB device from an unknown person.  

Liking Walnut

nativewolf

Before returning to Forestry I'd spent over a decade doing litigation and IT governance consulting.  We ran into USB related issues many times.  Once a group of hackers were leaving them at a Starbucks close to a wealthy area with lots of corporate offices.  Some idiot picked up one of the "forgotten" USB sticks and was using it from his corporate PC.  It contained latest spyware versions and the IT dept had not rolled out a software update and bam...network was lost.  Turns out that USB sticks left sitting on tables at this one coffee shop had been responsible for several corporate hacks.  Never trust a USB stick
Liking Walnut

Corley5

I'll open it on an old laptop with no internet connection.  Thanks for the warning :) 8)

nativewolf

Liking Walnut

mudfarmer

Not meaning to add to the paranoia, just the discussion. USB drives, phones etc are also the method of attack that gets "air gapped" systems and networks (not connected to the internet at all) "hacked". Most sophisticated malware is self propagating as well, so if you plug a dirty USB drive into your old laptop, then later use your normal USB drive on the old girl and move that to your new laptop, wellllll :D

Use your buddy's laptop or go to kinkos if you are worried ;D

Corley5

Quote from: mudfarmer on January 11, 2022, 05:50:09 PM

Use your buddy's laptop  ;D
He's helping work on the loader and wanted the USB because the CD drive on his laptop is broken ;) :) ;D

Corley5

Got it and it works.  Have it plugged into my old laptop.  It's got what we need to figure out the issue or issues.  It may very well wait for warmer weather.  We saw a high of 7 today.      

Thank You Sponsors!