iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Railroad Ties

Started by woodman58, January 31, 2016, 06:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodman58

I have been looking to find out who buys Ties from sawmills in my area of Missouri. I can't find any information in the DNR's web site or Mo. department of Conservation. Can anyone tell me who I can contact about this? Thanks Paul
i LOVE THE SMELL OF SAW DUST IN THE MORNING.
Timberking 2200

dustyhat

Try getting ahold of your states forestry dept. they should have alot of info for you.

dustyhat

sorry, i guess you done looked at your forest asso. but Koppers might get you somewhere and i belive its stella jones is another big outfit that might give you somebody in your location.

dgdrls

There is a shop in Kirkwood Gross & Janes who I believe is a buyer

Quick Google search on Koppers  as @dustyhat noted as well

Dan

4x4American

I was asking around at a few local mills if they know who buys RR ties around here and if they did them...the response I got was that hardwood pulp is up too high that after you buy the low grade logs there's not much meat left on the bone.  Also, they set the price, you can't sell them ties at your own price.  But, these mills are a bit bigger so they have higher operating costs than my little portable mill.  So I too am doing some poking around for a tie buyer.
Boy, back in my day..

sandsawmill14

hardwood pulp is so cheap here some loggers are leaving it in the woods to rot just getting the saw logs and moving on :-\

tie market is pretty good here but i have noticed them tightening up on the grade :-X  they are still paying for IGs but they are finding a lot more of them

woodman58  stella jones or koppers  one will have a buyer in the area im sure. around here koppers is better to deal with than stella but that is strickly up to the buyer not the company. best to cut a load and sell to one then the other and see who you like the best.   :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

woodman58

Thanks everybody. I have contacted Gross and Janes and they are getting me in touch with a buyer in my area.
i LOVE THE SMELL OF SAW DUST IN THE MORNING.
Timberking 2200

sandsawmill14

glad you got it figured out smiley_thumbsup
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Thank You Sponsors!