iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Railroad ties

Started by WkndCutter, March 15, 2006, 01:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WkndCutter

I'm looking for a little help here.  I have been receiving many oak logs in the past few weeks and the supply looks to be good.  Any information out there on how, where or who to talk to in the Richmond Virginia or Hampton Roads Virginia areas to cut railroad ties.  I have very little space to store logs or wood and have to move this.  Thanks.

Andy

two saw

go to this link and there is a phone number for these fellows .
I think they have a plant in Goshen, VA.
I don't kow how far you are away from them.
http://www.bpbcorp.com/index.html
D&L TS 36 DTH twin saw

Steve

I'be been waiting for an opportunity to post this picture. It is of tie treatment yard in The Dalles, Oregon.

The link is to a bigger version of the small picture. Hope that is alright?
Each stack has 144 ties in it. Never did try to figure how many are there but thousands and thousands at least!!

Lots of railroad ties
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

FiremanEd

Hey Andy,

We're 60 miles west of Richmond. The closest tie buyers to you are Koppers in Dillwyn (Buckingham County) or in Crew or the Burke-Parsons-Bowlby in Goshen Va. (west of Lexington) You have to deliver to Koppers but BPB will arrange to pick up from you in trailer quantities. (200 8'9" 7x9" ties)

Let me know if you need the contact numbers for either buyer or if I can otherwise help.

Eddie
Full time Firefighter / Paramedic
WoodMizer LT300 as secondary, full time job.
AccuTrac Electric Edger

logwalker

Hey Steve, Is that yard still operational? I thought they closed er down a few years back. I do remember it being added to the superfund list. The creosote must be several feet thick in places. Of course it is right on the Columbia river to boot.
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Walnut Beast

Thank You Sponsors!