Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on December 09, 2017, 07:23:20 PM
And a blade will last all week. :D :D

A set of B57's last 2 years.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

2 years, Try putting a blade on sometimes, Can't just work on the mill all the time.  :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Larry

I've found where vibration is breaking a weld I can go in, clean it up, and braze it back together.  Problem solved.

Brazing takes a little time and finesse so welders avoid doing it.  Besides they know you will be back with more $$$'s if they weld it. :D :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Mountain_d

Magicman, could you tell more on the B 57 belt? The guy I bought my LT40 from said he had better luck with the next size down belt. He said it is hard to get on so it does not sit loose on the wheel like the WM recommended belt size. Is there a reason that belt is supposed to be a loose fit? Mountain.

Quote from: Magicman on December 09, 2017, 03:27:29 PM
Quote from: Jim_Rogers on December 08, 2017, 03:22:51 PM
You might consider solving the vibration issue.

Jim Rogers
I too am wondering why it is vibrating and where it is coming from?  Are you running Wood-Mizer B57 belts?
1978 TJ 230E 3.9L Cummins 4B, Husky 372XP, Husky 61, Husky 266XP, JRed 625, Husky 265RX clearing saw,  Woodmizer LT40HD 1995, Kubota 4950DT (53hp 4WD), Wallenstein V90 Skidding Winch, John Deere 610 backhoe, 1995 Volvo White GMC WCA42T SA Dump Truck, 2004 Ford F-250SD 4WD, , Central Boiler OW

Magicman

Wood-Mizer did the Research & Development and recommends the loose B57.  I have followed their recommendation for 15 years and have no problem with the B57's.  For whatever reason some folks use the B56, but that is their decision/choice.

Wood-Mizer's B57 belts are manufactured to their specification and are flat on top with no ply overlap which would cause unevenness and could bump as the belt passes around it.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

I have used the b57 over 30 years and they work well. The b57s from the auto parts store are not the same as Wood Mizers.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!