iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Flying to Houston

Started by DbltreeBelgians, February 02, 2020, 08:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DbltreeBelgians

Sitting on a United Airlines flight from Detroit to Houston to pick up a new to us Heavy Rescue unit in Spring Texas for our fire district. Gonna be a long 1200 mile drive home but we'll be hitting a few new routes I've never taken and one new state I've never been in. Arkansas. Hope to see some nice sights on the way. Texarkana, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville and Louisville will be new places on my list.
I'll be looking for sawmills along the way if I'm riding shotgun. I always look for mills while traveling.
Should be an interesting trip.

Brent

sawguy21

Should be an interesting trip but a long haul especially this time of year. That truck will need a good cleaning when you get home
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Texas Ranger

Get a beer and some bar b que, then some TexMex and beer, and have a safe trip 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

DbltreeBelgians

Well we're nearing Nashville on interstate 40 at 01:40 Monday morning. About 8 more hours and we'll be back home near Findlay Ohio. Best seat in this rig is the air ride drivers seat. I guess airpack seats weren't made to ride cross country in. All in all been a decent trip.
Here's a couple pic's of the new rig.

Brent

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

You're making good time and that is a fine looking truck. 
Say when

DbltreeBelgians

Made it home from Texas about 10:00 am Monday morning. The event was uneventful for the most part. 
The Asst. Chief, District Chief and all the firefighter we met at the Spring Texas Fire Dept. were some of the most polite and professional individuals I've ever had the pleasure to meet and deal with. They sweetened the deal by leaving both full sets of extrication tools, all the supply and discharge fittings for the 2500 gpm pump and 5,000' of 5" LDH supply line. Then before we left their station the Asst. Chief had the guys completely fill the 100 gallon fuel tank.
I've always heard "everything is bigger in Texas" and I believe it. They got big hearts in Texas. They were concerned with us leaving and punching it 1200 miles home straight through the night and even offered to put us up for the night in their dorm rooms at the firehouse. They bent over backwards to accommodate us. They even sent home a 3x5 flag of Texas with us. Then the mechanic gave us all the maintenance records, recent pump test results and all the fuel, oil and air filters assigned to that truck. 
I'm pretty much whooped and feel like sleeping for a few days but it's always nice to have a worry free trip and nice to get home and sleep in your own bed.

Brent

Thank You Sponsors!