iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 350 w/ Detroit 353 - Turbo needed

Started by Upnorth, November 20, 2018, 02:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upnorth

Gents, I bought and somewhat restored a TJ350 a while back. Overall it turned out pretty good, but I need a turbocharger for the Detroit 353 to finish it. The original turbo was removed before I bought it, and I'm having a hard time finding one. Any leads would be appreciated. Used is fine, as long as it works. Thanks!
TJ 205
TJ 240E
TJ 350A x 3
TJ 230D x 4

bushmechanic

Do you know what the part number is? I have a complete set of parts books if I had the model and serial numbers I might be able to get a part number. 

Upnorth

Hi, I believe the turbo model number is T4B AR81. I don't have a manual so I'm not sure what the part number is.
TJ 205
TJ 240E
TJ 350A x 3
TJ 230D x 4

mike_belben

T4 is a turbine housing size A/R .81 is an area ratio number of said t4 housing.  Its getting warmer but not anything exact.  About that size turbine with a pretty small compressor was found on international dt466 and are usually a worthless takeoff turbo, if you just wanna try bolting something on for now.  They were a divided turbine housing.  

Have your engine info handy and call mikey at rcs diesel in ludlow mass, ask if he can source a turbo or atleast part numbers.  Tell him i sent you.  They do a lot of old detroit.

Home | RCS Diesel Service

Praise The Lord

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

deerguy

Call Ben D'Amour Equipment in Kasuskasing, Ont.... if there is an old turbo around or any other parts you need, Ben or his son will know about them !!

Good luck, usually the search is more fun than the repair !
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

Upnorth

Thanks fellas I'll call both of them and see if they have something available.

Appreciate the help!
TJ 205
TJ 240E
TJ 350A x 3
TJ 230D x 4

Thank You Sponsors!