iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade Sharpener

Started by Jacar, August 02, 2003, 12:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacar

Anybody know anything about this blade sharpener?  

http://linnlumber.com/
Click on sawmill accessories.

Thanks

Jacar
 :)
Jack Watkins

Tom

It's difficutlt to tell anything form the picture but I've seen chainsaw sharpeners with that motor.  It says semi-automatic but I'll bet it's manual.  I can't imagind any cam or electronics for $475.   It would be nice if they told you a little about it and put a good picture up. :-/

EZ

Thats the same sharpener I bought a couple months ago. I'm not very happy with it, it doesnt sharpen the gullet all the way, I tryed to put a bigger stone on but it didnt make any difference. I bought it so I can sharpen my blades like I want them, on a angle, but it wont adjust that far over. :-/
EZ

wiam

They will send you a video if you ask.  It did not look to impressive there either.
Will

solidwoods

I purchased one of these type grinders (Kasco).
Don't waste good money and metal on one of those type grinders (non full profile grind).
Not sharpening the gullet will lead to a premature heart attack or stroke. Because the blade just dosen't work as good with just the face of the tooth sharpened (as per above reasons in the post)
The only hope for these type grinders is to sharpen once or a few times (depends on amount of grind) then send it to a full profile grinder to have the gullet re-shaped.
Get a full profile grinder.
I use the Tim Cook type, with Timberwolf dual toothe setter
JIM
Ret. US Army
Kasco II B Band mill
Woodworking since 83
I mill & kiln dry lumber, build custom furniture, artworks, flooring, etc.
If you mill, you'll be interested in some of my work in one way or another.
We ship from our showroom.
N. Central TN.

Russ

I've been trying to find out about the Linn Lumber sharpener for about  a year, Thanks. Anybody get band wheels from them ? They chinese or made in U S A ?
[/url]

Thank You Sponsors!