iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

help stihl 066 parts diagram for trigger assebly needed

Started by carver45, January 12, 2009, 08:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carver45

Hello everyone,

I really could use some help. My o66 stihl has been acting up lately since our repair guy took of a styrofoam sock that went over the filter. Well I am tired of taking it the repair shop so I got up the courage to look at the carbuator fuel filter. It was clogged big time.(or I should say the jets) Well I have  no problems with the filter or assembling that part.

The problem is, I took apart the handle thinking that it was a logical to do. Well then the whole trigger assembly exploded when the spring let loose. I have it almost figured out but I have one very liitle black piece of plastic left over that is about a half inch long with a hook on it. If any one knew where a diagram of the trigger is, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks for any help
Christopher

L. Willey

sounds like the part that hooks onto the throttle linkage.  maybe if you could post a pic
the trigger pushes on it then the hook connects into the little steel throttle linkage. hard for me to explain sorry the best i can do.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

carver45

Thanks for the suggestion,
Here is a picture of it. It is really nice of everyone to reply, it helps alot with the frustration level.

The link above you need a dealer number.

MartyParsons

The item you have is part of the master control switch it go on thr right side of the shaft & fits down into the housing to hold the switch shaft in place

Hope this helps
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

carver45

joe_indi

chep

There was a great picture/diagram of the 066 assembly here, for some reason the picture wont show up now?

Is it my computer or can it be reposted please!!!
thanks

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!