iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new MS261

Started by mrselfreliance, September 26, 2016, 06:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrselfreliance

Bought my Stihl MS261 a few weeks ago but didn't have much time to get out and cut.  Finally got to run it through it's paces this weekend. 

Wow, what a difference from my MS230.  I've only been cutting for a year, so don't laugh at my excitement to finally have cut over a cord in a day, ha.  I think my old saw would of burnt out cutting the way I was cutting this weekend.

So much faster.  Every tank of gas it feels faster and faster.  Love it!

My dad has an older 50cc Husky and he didn't believe me that mine was just a 50.

Also build my first log bench which I love.  Crookedness and all.

ladylake

You picked a good saw, the old 53cc Husky Ranchers were rather gutless compared to a good 50cc saw.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

thecfarm

Nice pictures. That first one looks like an advertisement picture.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mrselfreliance

Thanks. They are from my Instagram.  If you have Instagram, you can see more @mrselfreliance

Ada Shaker

Dunno about the saw but the pic's look good. :D
Good to see your enjoying your new toy, makes life such a joy.
If it hangs to the left, your likely to be a Husqvarna man.
If it hangs to the right, your likely to be a Stihl man.
Anything else is an uncomfortable compromise.
                             AND
Walking with one foot on either side of a barbed wire fence can become extremely uncomfortable at times.

Stone

Very nice! Just picked up my new MS 261cm from the dealer on Friday! Cant wait to take it out to the land this weekend.
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

Thank You Sponsors!