iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It pays to procrastinate

Started by thedeeredude, September 14, 2008, 03:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

Well, I had a piece of birch log laying around since January or February.  Forgot about it for a while and yesterday i thought I'd cut it up for some good wooden plane blanks.  Well, i think the pictures are self explanatory.  6 bowl blanks, two big plane blanks and pens blanks and some pieces that might make Christmas ornaments.

Left Coast Chris

Nicely Done! :) :)

Good looking spalt.  Ever get sinus or lung problems from turning it?  I am very careful after the last couple of bouts.

Post a pic of your bowl when it gets done!
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

thedeeredude

No chris, spalted wood doesnt bother me.  Basswood is the worst for me though, makes my sinuses go insane.  I gotta get a lathe big enough for bowl turning first, hopefully before the New Year.  But Ill post pics for sure.

metalspinner

8)
When it comes time to split my firewood pile, I usually end up with two piles.  One for firewood and the other for te lathe. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

tyb525

metalspinner, I do the same think, or at least imagine it. :D I still remember burning almost a whole log of curly maple last year :( That was before my lathe though.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Thank You Sponsors!