iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky 372 saws

Started by logger444, February 18, 2009, 11:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logger444

Does any one know who sells the cheapest husky 372 delivered? Commercial cutters direct used to sell them for $549 delivered to your job but they went out of business. Bailey's used to peddle them but not any more. The 372 is a good lite wt saw with good gas mileage. Unfortuneately after six months they tend to vibrate apart, unlike a stihl. I got in the habit of running them for six months and selling them for 4 green Franklins. People thought i was nuts but the saw cost me $149 for 180 days. A cup of coffee at starbarks cost more than that. Also the parts for saws are outrageous. I had a muiffler bust of a 575. I think they wanted 80 bucks for it. A muffler for your car is cheaper. I think my six months and sell theory is a good one. Keep in mind 90 days of that six months is under warranty. In six years i 've never changed a plug, a pull cord, or a fuel filter. Also,no more basket cases in my cellar stinking up the laundry room. :D

bandmiller2

Logger,come clean you just like that new saw smell.What you say is very practical for a higher use cutter.I don't know someone cheaper,I think Baileys still sells them only not advertised on the internet.Some of these dealers will talk if you order two or three saw at a time.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Rocky_J

Husky has forbidden its dealers to sell online any more. If you find an online listing, you typically have to call them for a price. Baileys has a 'Univent' for sale online which is a relabeled Husky 372 with big dogs and a full wrap handle marketed for firefighter use.

I'm not going to comment on the rest of your ramblings. But none of my saws have ever rattled apart, although I do take 3-4 minutes to go through and retighten all the screws after the first 8-10 hours of use. I own 7 Huskys including 346s, 372s and a 395.

Cut4fun

Guess somebody needs to price a 441 muffler sometime  :o :D.

SawTroll

Quote from: Rocky_J on February 19, 2009, 07:46:23 AM
Husky has forbidden its dealers to sell online any more. If you find an online listing, you typically have to call them for a price. Baileys has a 'Univent' for sale online which is a relabeled Husky 372 with big dogs and a full wrap handle marketed for firefighter use.

I'm not going to comment on the rest of your ramblings. But none of my saws have ever rattled apart, although I do take 3-4 minutes to go through and retighten all the screws after the first 8-10 hours of use. I own 7 Huskys including 346s, 372s and a 395.

You sure got it right!    :) :)
Information collector.

rebocardo

I just bought a used 372 for $350 with a 20" bar. Sure wish I kept my 28" bar from the 365 since I still have some new 28" chains left.

Thank You Sponsors!