iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by cjfrank, December 11, 2010, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjfrank

Hello, my name is cjfrank and I'm just learning how to use this site. Please bear with me as I'm new at this. I am located in Milaca, MN. and own and operate a logging and lumber operation. I pretty much take material right from the stump to a prefinished product. I like the forum because I see that other people have the same equipment that I have. I call my stuff rusty but trusty. Thank you for your patience and expertice at the techniolgy.
cjfrank, 1976 clark 664 skidder
Model 4000 Iron Mule Forwarder
1958 JD 620 Tractor
1990 peterbuilt straight truck with lemco loader, 2009 Woodmizer LT40 w/12' Extension

paul case

welcome cjfrank,
good to have another ''user til she's dead'' member on board.

pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

beenthere

Welcome to the FF

What species do you mainly saw?  Saw much aspen?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Welcome, cjfrank.  You will be right at home here.  I'm fairly rusty myself, and I'm about used up.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

cjfrank

Quote from: beenthere on December 11, 2010, 08:20:16 PM
Welcome to the FF

What species do you mainly saw?  Saw much aspen?
I guess I have sawed a lot but we have a lot more than just aspen or we call it popple here. Ilike to work with White Pine and Red Oak
1958 JD 620 Tractor
1990 peterbuilt straight truck with lemco loader, 2009 Woodmizer LT40 w/12' Extension

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Welcome to The Forum CJFrank  ;)  ;D ;D 8) 8) It sounds like you have a nice setup and there is nothing wrong with Rusty n Trusty im a fan of that myself but I do like when they are tight n have a nice coat of jam on them then no one else realy knows how old they realy are Mate  ;) :D :D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

CX3

welcome.  there is alot of good info and good people on here.  Enjoy
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

treefarmer87

welcome to the forum, i agree with medows miller, my equip was the same way.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

captain_crunch

Welcome
And I am worse than P_C. I am the use it till it dies then fix it again or find one someone else killed and fix it dept
Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

fishpharmer

Welcome to the forum cjfrank!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sandhills

Welcome cjfrank, I do believe you'll find the forum very useful, I also believe you may have just started a running bet on who here has reincarnated the most equipment.  I'm pretty well new here too and I think I'm in the running ;D.

cjfrank

Quote from: captain_crunch on December 11, 2010, 11:40:30 PM
Welcome
And I am worse than P_C. I am the use it till it dies then fix it again or find one someone else killed and fix it dept
Brian
I do find those projects that requirer a little baling wire in order to get up and running but sometimes I don't no when to stop
1958 JD 620 Tractor

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Roxie

Who could live without baling wire?  Welcome!   :)
Say when

mad murdock

Welcome cjfrank.  A saying we have where I work is "chrome don't get you home". It just costs more.  We use plenty of old equipment, including old helicopters, in a lot of instances, you just can't buy new equipment that is built as well as some of the older stuff.  Nothing wrong with a little iron oxide!  Got to have a reason to buy some Rust Reaper.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

chucker

!! " WELCOME CJ "!! lots of good info here, hope to see and hear some of your experience,s working the woods of cold minisoda... live just west of the big pond myself.... enjoy friend!!
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

barbender

Another northern MN guy saying welcome- you'll like it here and it's a good place to be on these frigid days ;)
Too many irons in the fire

rfm7fxfox

Quote from: captain_crunch on December 11, 2010, 11:40:30 PM
Welcome
Brian

Thats the way to be!! 8)

I'm a new member too but welcome to the site CJ smiley_clapping
Dolmar 7900, Ported Dolmar 7910, Ported Johnsered 2172, J-Red 2186, Ported Husky 385, Ported J-Red 2258,Tree Farmer C5D,Timberjack 460 D.A. Grapple, 2015 KMC 2500 Grapple Track Skidder and 2005 Peterbilt 379 Logtruck

JDeere

cjfrank, Welcome to the forum. I  spent a lot of time in MN last winter and very much enjoyed the state and the people.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Knute

Welcome. I'M quite new to this too, but as far as age, I'm old.

Samuel

Welcome...you will find and make lots of friends here!
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Thank You Sponsors!