iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Internet Connection speedups

Started by SwampDonkey, March 09, 2004, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

This evening's episode of TechTv suggested this site for tweeking your internet connection speeds. View their article here, 'Saraha's download of the day':

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/downloadoftheday/story/0,24330,3635414,00.html

or download direct from the author's site here:

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

They used TCP Optimizer for Windows on thier show. There are options for various internet connections including dialup at speedguide.net

Just thought I'de pass this along.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sburro

I do not know if it is me but my virus scan would not let me send this optimizer trough my e-mail.  said it was a virus or something.  just wanted to pass this along.

Buzz-sawyer

Many(most) free internet accelerators  contain SPYWARE which allows others to track your computer....or a DIALER, KEYSTROKE or other hacks that allow people to access your computer, modum, or phone to make 1-900 calls......
A good solution for everybody on the NET is to run a reputable SPYWARE BOT remover similair to SPYBOT it is a small program that when you run it , will identify tracking cookies and add ware and spyware etc. it allows you the option of what to keep and remove....I believ everyone who has not checked for these bugs would be shocked at the number that show up on a test with spybot(removal software) ....it is free also I used it and it seems GOOD.
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

SwampDonkey

sburo:

You probably have the virus scanner set to reject email attachments. That way they get rejected when your email client accesses the server and it sends the author a note about a suspected virus. Doesn't mean the attachment has a virus though. TechTv did mention that some software have spyware inbedded in the code, but that this program was spyware free. The program is an executeable and is not installed, so its possible your virus detection software rejects *.exe files from your emails also.

Buzz:  I also use Spyware Blaster and Spybot Search and Destroy on my system and they are good detection programs. All TCP optimizer does is checks your settings to see that they are optimum for internet connections and offers suggestions to tweek your connection and also allows experts to go adjust their own settings without having to look under the 'Windows hood', so to speak.

The folks at TechTv aren't out to harm people's computers, I assure you of that.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Buzz-sawyer

Hey Swamp donkey
I am just really getting the magnitude of the spyware epidemic and saw this as a chance to get the word out to all of you my FF family......
I appreciate your post :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Thank You Sponsors!