iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Great Old Sawmill Story

Started by 123maxbars, October 02, 2012, 12:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

Found this web page about a year ago and forgot about it.  Its a pretty neat story with great pics. Thought I would share, 

http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/sawmill/sawmill.html

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Misfit

Interesting reading. Thanks for posting.
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

hackberry jake

That last picture where is says "more than a weeks worth of milling" is probably more than I have cut on my mill since I have had it. Almost two years. Them boys were working.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Ianab

The guy obviously got sawdust in his blood from a young age.

From another part of his web page. A homemade wooden band sawmill.  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=narlwbTvV2U&

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

millstead

Great story I liked the old crawler they powered the mill with. I like my bandmill but I love my old frick it's like a way of preserving the past

logboy

I started reading it and thought "wow this sounds familiar." Then I realized I had been on his site numerous times checking out his wooden gears and computer stuff.
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

captain_crunch

Ifn that old crawler ran and moved it was worth more to a colector than whole opperation. It was grand pa of TD=14 Very sought after unit
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Piston

Like the title suggests, that is a great story.  Thanks for sharing.  It's neat to see old pictures like that of a working sawmill.

There is an old sawmill that I drive by when I go up to NH to visit my grandfather.  For as far back as I remember, it was never used, I thought it was abandoned.  Well, about 3 yrs ago, I drove by and there was a stack of logs there.  Someone had got that old mill going again and was using it.  I always want to stop and ask questions when I drive by now, but it is never in use when I go by.  I'm hoping to catch the guy outside someday and maybe he'll let me take a look around.

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Dave VH

I cut it twice and it's still too short

Thank You Sponsors!