iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

snowdog

Started by Stephen Alford, January 12, 2021, 10:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Alford

Recently there have been some discussions on track gear and harvesting cedar.  Granted this is a piece of gear for the lone operators. They have some merit...storage, price , maintenance, and does address woods access issues in the winter. Just wondering if anyone has one . Anyway just thought they were interesting , hope this connection works...

SNOWDOG B13ME Standard by Briggs & Stratton Overview - YouTube.

On a plus note for 2021 had 12 huns at the feeder this morning. Have not seen any in years.

logon

DDW_OR

OK i will bite, what is a "hun"

looks like the machine can make tight turns and get into locations a snowcat cannot

skidder sled, if it was longer it would work better?

also saw this bobsled made out of a 55 gallon barrow
"let the machines do the work"

garyfg

I know what a hun [hen] is but what is a 55 gallon barrow? Maybe a barrel? 8) 8)

barbender

Usually huns means Hungarian Partridge.
Too many irons in the fire

mudfarmer

@Stephen Alford there is a dealer for them here, know a few people that have gotten close but not bit the bullet, sorry for lack of helpful information. Seems like you have the ability to rig one up with some old sleds from out back though 8)

snowstorm

its kinda sorta like what bolens built in the 60's and called a snowmobile

Dom

They are pretty neat. I saw one at a local dealership, looks good. If you are to get one, I think a guard for the chain drive would be a wise investment. 
I've been looking for one as well to make small trails on our property so the family can easily go snowshoeing and skiing. My son is 2, and a second one is on the way, so it'll be a while before they can break in a trail.  :D

I hope this link is OK, this fellow built a few neat machines over the years. A few home built snowmobiles and 1 machine he calls the snow trackTor, which is similar in design to the snowdog. He built a different hitch to match his customer's needs. I've been pondering sending a message for pricing for a Tracktor or a small snowmobile, but we don't have much snow this year.

https://www.brx800.net/services
Link to the Tracktor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv66eE_ZAQ4&feature=emb_logo

Stephen Alford

The off the shelf version B13 ME is 3500 us no reverse...here 5000 for same (+tax) . The model that caught my eye was one with a 17 hp b&s made in Wisconsin. A little more power  for the tug.  95% of property here is privately owned. Crossing someones land on a skidoo appears recreational and considered a tresspass.  Never had a problem on snowshoes or skies. However the goal is to be in the best possible woodlot on any given day. With social distancing and health closures such as coffee shops  (meeting and discussing woodlots) I thought stepping up the boots on the ground hunt may be prudent ...or in this case sled tracks. ;D   A home build as Mr Mudfarmer has suggested is possible for sure but this years work has to be laid out pretty much in the next 60 days.
    You lads are correct they are Hungarian partridge. Non native brought here in the late 1700/1800s by the British as a game bird. Any type of foul was always near the top of the list for barter. In the bygone days eggs were the currancy. Huns were always a good omen.
    Your right Mr Snowstorm they were. The concept has also existed for a long time in  northern Russia on the Tigre.    Oh if that fancy shamcy plow truck starts to give you grief let me know...I am good to go.. :D

logon

Stephen Alford

Found this vid today Mr Dom thought it might be of interest to you.  On another note under the flag of ...full disclosure...the habs play the leafs tonight....go ...LEAFS... :D

SnowDog Modifications - Grooming Winter Fat Bike Trails... - YouTube
logon

Dom

Quote from: Stephen Alford on January 13, 2021, 05:26:04 PM
  Found this vid today Mr Dom thought it might be of interest to you.  On another note under the flag of ...full disclosure...the habs play the leafs tonight....go ...LEAFS... :D

SnowDog Modifications - Grooming Winter Fat Bike Trails... - YouTube
That is a slick setup. I agree, snowmobiles are not appreciated in fields and are frowned upon. 
Full disclosure as well...Go Habs!  :D gonna be a fun season with all Canadian teams playing each other so often. 

Andries

Leafs?
Habs? 
Pfffft !
Jets, Jets, Jets ! ! !
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

DDW_OR

Quote from: Andries on January 13, 2021, 07:46:27 PM
Leafs?
Habs?
Pfffft !
Jets, Jets, Jets ! ! !
na, GO FISHING or HUNTING

snowstorm

Quote from: Stephen Alford on January 13, 2021, 08:27:29 AM
   The off the shelf version B13 ME is 3500 us no reverse...here 5000 for same (+tax) . The model that caught my eye was one with a 17 hp b&s made in Wisconsin. A little more power  for the tug.  95% of property here is privately owned. Crossing someones land on a skidoo appears recreational and considered a tresspass.  Never had a problem on snowshoes or skies. However the goal is to be in the best possible woodlot on any given day. With social distancing and health closures such as coffee shops  (meeting and discussing woodlots) I thought stepping up the boots on the ground hunt may be prudent ...or in this case sled tracks. ;D   A home build as Mr Mudfarmer has suggested is possible for sure but this years work has to be laid out pretty much in the next 60 days.
   You lads are correct they are Hungarian partridge. Non native brought here in the late 1700/1800s by the British as a game bird. Any type of foul was always near the top of the list for barter. In the bygone days eggs were the currancy. Huns were always a good omen.
   Your right Mr Snowstorm they were. The concept has also existed for a long time in  northern Russia on the Tigre.    Oh if that fancy shamcy plow truck starts to give you grief let me know...I am good to go.. :D

no more snow than we have had so far that would almost do it. i stopped to see stephen a few yrs ago when we were on his island. he was pretty easy to find just ride around until you see his f450 ford. lets say it dosent quite look like any other f450. did they finish the new highway next to your garage??

Stephen Alford

Well Mr Snowstorm you may have noticed my truck but I noticed your navigator. From one ol sailor to another....rrrrrrrh best be avoidin dem waters of da Hudson me hardy there be pirates in dem woods .   :D
    Couple pics of the truck...it is special , my wife wont ride in it and my daughters wont borrow it. Cowboys were never meant to walk only ride  8)

Top of the truck when we get a skiff of snow.

From the back at snack time.

Front.

logon

DDW_OR

only two things missing
second set of headlights connected to the hi-beam
a truck bed crane

Hilltop366

Quote from: Stephen Alford on January 13, 2021, 05:26:04 PMOn another note under the flag of ...full disclosure...the habs play the leafs tonight....go ...LEAFS...

Do you know how to tell when its spring?

The leafs are out.;D

Stephen Alford

:D Why don't you lads grab your okie sticks for a little game o shinnie... The potiemouths vs dasmartypants . Give you an opportunity to see more lumber in three periods than ya can put through a mill in a week.   :snowball:   Meet you back of the....

logon

Dom

A few used snowdogs appeared in NB on Kijiji and Facebook.  There was a bolens husky too, but expensive in my opinion. 

On to more important topics, good games between the Habs and Leafs.  :D

Stephen Alford

Good catch Mr Dom...with the busted bubble i have not been scouting gear off island. I did notice there is a new version going to be imported to North America. Called the Taiga dog. 15hp Lifan or 13 hp loncin. 55" long 24" wide 30" high. $0 km top speed ,265 lbs,1000lbs towing capacity. 
   Great okie fer sure.  The huns in the back yard appear to be habs fans as well.  Mentioned the name Claude to them and they went into a huddle formation, mentoned the name Dominique and they scattered...odd  ;D

logon

Sugar

Our neighbor has one.  It has a camo finish and a Briggs engine.  I have no experience at all with it but will pass along a couple things he said about it.  It is hard to turn,  the way he described it is similar to riding a motorcycle. Except much harder, and he had to reinforce the handle bars due to bending.  Every thing else he has said has been very positive.  To the point that I did look them over.  It was to much for me to justify. Now tomorrow when pulling my little sled with snowshoes on, I may have a different opinion.
Hooked up and Hard down

Dom

Quote from: Stephen Alford on February 26, 2021, 12:57:34 PM
  Good catch Mr Dom...with the busted bubble i have not been scouting gear off island. I did notice there is a new version going to be imported to North America. Called the Taiga dog. 15hp Lifan or 13 hp loncin. 55" long 24" wide 30" high. $0 km top speed ,265 lbs,1000lbs towing capacity.
  Great okie fer sure.  The huns in the back yard appear to be habs fans as well.  Mentioned the name Claude to them and they went into a huddle formation, mentoned the name Dominique and they scattered...odd 
:D :D I was in Halifax when Dominique coached the Mooseheads and they won the memorial cup, hoping he can bring some of those winnings to the Habs. 

Thank You Sponsors!