iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clark 667d grapple skidder

Started by Snowdemon, February 04, 2021, 12:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiko

The ring of bolts that secure the tc to the flywheel housing need to be removed. If you do this, the torque has a replaceable bushing on the nose that serves as a pilot bearing into flywheel. Make sure the pilot does not have wear this will cause premature failure.There is a 16 bolt fiber gear and a 32 bolt version ring gear.

Snowdemon

Kiko
So got the cover back on and what is the trick to get the shaft with the snap ring back in to position to get the ring in the groove?

kiko

It can be difficult, but basically you must pull the F2 drum out . Sometimes a lady foot bar will do it by reaching in and getting behind the bearing to pull it.  I have built tools for that. One threads on to a snatch hammer.  

Snowdemon

It was a "snap" to get it pulled in.. Was able to get a hook behind the gears on the drum and have a little jerk and snap it was done..
Waiting for the new charge pump and have to rebuild the pressure valve on converter then the engine is going back in..

Snowdemon

Almost got it all back together should have it running maybe Thursday and we will see if the problems have been corrected..

Snowdemon

Well it all basically back together. Few pieces to do but mostly minor.
It seems to work correctly now. No binding and feeling like the brake is on.
Hopefully I can get a few odds and ends buttoned up and get it out to actually pull on something and see how it works.
I would like to thank everybody for there thoughts on these issues and give Kiko a big shout out for all his guidance.
Thanks

mike_belben

You wont find many guys like him.  Whenever i break something i always think boy i hope this is a belben problem and not a kiko one!

smiley_thumbsup
Praise The Lord

kiko

RCBS

I never comment here, just lurk but I had to log on after seeing this to give an internet high five to Kiko.  This repair would have been a nightmare without his help.

Wherever you are I hope you are doing well Sir.  Kudos and my hat's off to you.  Well done.
Echo CS-3400, 550xp, Jonsered 2166, L3130 Kubota, '78 JD 300 backhoe, Kubota RTV900, JD2305, lots of sharp stuff and several firearms

Thank You Sponsors!