iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Straight 660 Timberjack.

Started by BargeMonkey, February 22, 2021, 09:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

That 660 looked clean.... 🤷‍♂️ Cab was rough, rotator was rough, needed a couple pins, guy wanted to keep the back tires and put 60% ones on, front tires where rough, engine didnt match the machine, alot worse than my 460 which has 21k hrs and shows up every day. That 648 is 3/4 the size of that 660, its 9'8" wide on 24.5's, i bet that 660 is 5ft longer all day. By the time i paid to truck it home, 2x tires, 2x sets of chain, i was into it for 40k IF nothing else was wrong, I dont mind maintenance but im done wrenching on stuff, pick these 2 dozers up and a decent hood and im going to find a clean 630C-630D tigercat, done messing around. 

Satamax

BargeMonkey, i understand. 

It's just that i would be fooled by this 660. I don't have that kind of dough. But it's the kind of machine i would buy in a pinch! :D 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

ehp

why you stuck on Tigercat , they are made just down the road from my place . That 648 should be a good machine and you can get parts 

Firewoodjoe

BargeMonkey

Quote from: ehp on March 04, 2021, 04:34:21 PM
why you stuck on Tigercat , they are made just down the road from my place . That 648 should be a good machine and you can get parts
Ed more and more the work here isn't small jobs, and they aren't beautiful wood, literally hammer the daylights out of these high-graded jobs. Im going to clearcut well over 100+ acres this yr and im the little guy here. 

ehp

ya but once your in Tigercat your in there , I heard rumors a logger over here ordered a new one , not sure if its a 604 or a 602 , I cannot see it being a 620 or a 630 cause thats not going to happen here , Tree bylaw will kick your butt out of the bush so fast . 

quilbilly

I've heard tigercat are monsters... When running. You can get a good low hour deere and be ahead, they're quicker and from what I've heard, easier to repair. There are only a couple tigercat I've seen in person and lots of deere and cat. Deere is the quickest of the bunch. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of them, but buying used as you know it's all about the right deal on something that's been maintained.
a man is strongest on his knees

Stoneyacrefarm

I sat in a 602 Tigercat a couple years ago at the show in Vermont. 
It was HUGE. 
But that new skidder smell will get you every time.  8) :D
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Skeans1

Quote from: quilbilly on March 04, 2021, 07:40:03 PM
I've heard tigercat are monsters... When running. You can get a good low hour deere and be ahead, they're quicker and from what I've heard, easier to repair. There are only a couple tigercat I've seen in person and lots of deere and cat. Deere is the quickest of the bunch. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of them, but buying used as you know it's all about the right deal on something that's been maintained.
There's quite a few just a little south of you guys mainly 6 wheel drive ones to go hang on the line.

ehp

602 can be 119 inches wide and does not turn real well in tight spots and are alot of coin to buy new , I have been to the plant where they make skidders . 

Stoneyacrefarm

The salesman told me the 602 was 240k. 
That's about 10 TJ240's like I own. 
Lol 8)
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Thank You Sponsors!