iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bombardier JW with front blade

Started by bombardierJW, February 23, 2021, 10:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bombardierJW

Hi Forum members, 
     I have a broken suspension spring in my 1970 Bombardier JW and removed it. However it looks like it was recently replace cause its like new. I just purchase this machine. The JW has a front blade on it which makes it heavier in the front end. The machine dips down in the front left when I am cruising and let off on the gas pedal. I am told that the suspension spring in machines with front end snow blades have heavier suspension springs. Does anyone know the type of spring used for this?. Or even a part number would work. Thank you

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum.
Seem like we have at least 2 members with bombardiers.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

moosehunter

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

sprucebunny

It's a special spring called 'spring in a can'. There may be heavier springs available.

Your best source for parts is Minnesota Outdoors. Just do a search for thier number.

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

krusty

define cruising!? I find driving much faster than walking speeds is a recipe for a banged head somewhere in the cab on mine with the plow on or not. A smooth ride is something you are unlikely to ever find. I do plan to put quick couplers on mine for the front plow but it is easy enough to take off for summer use.

where are you located?

bombardierJW

Hi Canuckistan,
     When I am simply cruising on a flat road, not plowing or anything and let off on the accelerator, the left front end of my machine drops down. I have talked to a few people on the phone and they seem to think its a weak spring in the can. I can agree with them on that. Now I am looking for a solid wheel/tire for one side . Someone replaced one tire with a pneumatic tire on the one side and it is 1" shorter and the rim is also smaller. But where in western Canada can I find one? Thats my next quest.

dogone

A business in Edmonton sells all sort of bombardier and nodwell parts. I think called tracked supply. 
    I spent thousands of hours in bombers, nodwells were a lot faster, smoother and more comfortable. Good times

bombardierJW

Thanks for the reply Dogone. I will try and find them.

curved-wood

There is a member that seems to know fairly much about those Bombardier. His nickname is J5. 

Thank You Sponsors!