iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

roads posting

Started by thecfarm, February 27, 2021, 05:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Roads posting are up. Just means no trucking above freezing on the side roads. Most state roads are fine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ehp

Monday here for 2 months 

snowstorm

those that are not posted should be. 40 and bright sun will pull the frost out of the dirt roads

Edvantage

Wondering how load restrictions apply if I'm hauling like this. That's 10,500# of white ash. I'm loading mill directly off trailer and going back for the next load as it saves handling. 

Corley5

A week from Monday for Cheboygan County.  Others are going on this coming Friday.  Got a load of 100" this morning from a job on a soon to be restricted road.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

Will be posted Monday in southern NB and next Monday up this way.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

gman98

The dreaded orange posters are already popping up up here.  Earliest I've ever seen it.
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

GRANITEstateMP

We are posting ours on Wed. First time in a long time that our town will post roads
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Southside

Quote from: Edvantage on February 27, 2021, 08:05:29 AM
Wondering how load restrictions apply if I'm hauling like this. That's 10,500# of white ash. I'm loading mill directly off trailer and going back for the next load as it saves handling.  

Are you pulling that load down a road with the van?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Edvantage

SwampDonkey

You can do anything in rural NB as to what and how you haul, I suspect in rural MI to. ;D That's a joke, ok? ;)

But true, in many respects. No one watching. ;D Neighbors skidding wood on the pavement, and that ain't a one time deal. ;)

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

gump

Midnight tonight weight restrictions are in effect here.

thecfarm

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on February 27, 2021, 06:43:24 PM
 First time in a long time that our town will post roads
That's odd. Well odd for around here. The town I live in and the surrounding towns are posted. And I mean every road. Dead end tar roads or dead end dirt roads. The roads are all posted.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

We can't get away with as much as we used to.  Too many Karen's now😉🙂

chevytaHOE5674

Load restrictions going on Tuesday morning for the western UP.

sawguy21

I haven't seen any signs yet but other than a few days three weeks ago we haven't had cold to speak of. The trucks are coming out of the bush pretty dirty so they could be getting restrictions.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

GRANITEstateMP

Quote from: thecfarm on February 28, 2021, 07:27:03 AM
Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on February 27, 2021, 06:43:24 PM
First time in a long time that our town will post roads
That's odd. Well odd for around here. The town I live in and the surrounding towns are posted. And I mean every road. Dead end tar roads or dead end dirt roads. The roads are all posted.
Ray, we've had a real influx of new people in town the last few years. They're building new Mcmansion's developments off of dirt roads.  The increase in car count has taken a huge toll on those roads. With the increase in cars came an increase in trucks servicing and expanding the Mcmansion's, the roads are getting beat up pretty bad. Highway Department contacted as many of the dirt contractors and loggers as we could to.give them a heads up so they could try and wrap up any projects or move whatever iron they needed moved
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Cub

Just got word tonight that my town roads will go on next Monday and county roads Monday after that. Not sure about the town I'm actually working in. Usually they follow county restrictions. I can hope. Need that 2 weeks to finish up and get the iron mule home 

Maine logger88

They just posted the road I'm working on which normally wouldn't be too big of deal cause we could just start real early and still get as much done but we are set up between 2 houses and I'd feel bad starting the chipper much before 6 lol
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

jmouton

3 out of 6 counties are on around detroit,  the other 3 will be on wed or thur,,,
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Nebraska

What are your axle weight restrictions when your roads are posted? I know it's different for different places.. Just curious  how much it varies. 

GRANITEstateMP

A general question on postings; What is exempt in your area?  My main question, is agriculture exempt? Dairy farmers hauling manure and such? 
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

snowstorm

here picking up milk from the farm. heating oil if you are close to running out. repair to town rds and plowing sanding . they are posted 26000lbs and school buses. trash trucks no

chevytaHOE5674

UP here plows, school busses, propane/fuel oil delivery, and agriculture (milk, hay, crops, etc) are exempt for weight restrictions. 

Corley5

Vehicles hauling maple sap are exempt too 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!