iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Which board foot measurement would you choose.

Started by ohiowoodchuck, March 04, 2021, 08:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiowoodchuck

The power company has a transmission line that runs through my property. They are wanting to update the easements that were signed in 1953. The old agreement calls out scribner log rule for measurement of trees. I'm wanting if you had this type of language in your agreement which board foot measurement would you use. 
Education is the best defense against the media.

dgdrls

If the easement is in use and already cleared they will not let it regrow to any extent that a scale will matter,
with that said what is the predominant scale used in your region?

What's the "update" include?

D

Southside

Something tells me they want additional capacity or square footage. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

ohiowoodchuck

They want to move it back away from house. There was no measurement called out in the original agreement. Nor was there any restrictions to where or what could be built. They said I encroached on there easement. The last step of my deck is close to the opening of there clearing. I live down in the valley and the lines cross over from ridge top to ridge top. I'm going to have a survey done to see if I'm over which I don't think I am. You can't even get equipment down the hills. It's to steep, they always use a brush cutter and chainsaw to clear it when they come out. Built house 5 years ago. Aep flys over four times a year checking the line and has never said anything. They ran a drone down the line with lidar survey technology and said I done wrong. I don't want to lose my young stand of white oak if they move it back. I'm going to make an appointment with a right of way lawyer and let him handle negotiations. I would just assume they would put the new steel poles in and run the line in the existing one and leave. 

ohiowoodchuck

Quote from: dgdrls on March 04, 2021, 09:21:43 PM
If the easement is in use and already cleared they will not let it regrow to any extent that a scale will matter,
with that said what is the predominant scale used in your region?

What's the "update" include?

D

This is so if they have to cut anything outside of the opening that could interfere with current operation or maintenance the landowner is compensated. It's been a fight with these people since the beginning. Even though my bridge is built to handle the load of heavy equipment, I won't let them use it. They said we have a right to get up there to maintain our equipment. I said yes you do but that bridge is my only way in and out and if you break it I'm stuck in here. I said we can negotiate a new place if you would like to put in your own access point. 

ohiowoodchuck

Doyle is the scale most timber buyers and cutters use around here. I haven't seen the update agreement yet. I'm trying to get all my paperwork together before I go to a lawyer. If I do have to lose woods and sign a new easement I want rid of the older blanket easement part cause it gives them full control to do what they want with the whole property. I want this agreement to be surveyed out with the width and length called out. It takes away about four acres of my property that I can't do nothing with and to beat all, I pay taxes on land I can't do nothing with. 

moodnacreek

Thank You Sponsors!