iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RunningRoot

Nothing real special but figured I needed to post some pics as I don't very often, post what your cutting so we start a good "pic thread" !
This red oak is 25" at the small end and 54' feet long, pretty darn straight for its leangh, put my saw on it to show you a proportionate size...

This white Oak is string line straight and clean as it can be, it's 26" at the small end and 29' feet long with a beautiful heart, it will go on the truck just as it is..

These are very little logs and lower quality compared to the timber on my upcoming big tract..
There's probably a Baker's dozen  this big or bigger on this little tract, everything else on it is from 17" to 23" inch range but good white and redoak, poplar,ash and and couple lower grade species...

Are Gumtree's worth anything? I've never cut them, they  don't exist around here but there's several big ones on this little track..
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

treeslayer2003

strait gum is good for ties, pallet stock and sewer lumber. it pays 360 here. i have sold big gum with a little heart for veneer but that market is hit or miss.

treeslayer2003

to wet to move on any tract here........here is a couple from last winter.

so il logger

Autocar

Those are dandys for sure but the last two pictures make me rubbery man those are the kind you dream about very nice white oak !
Bill

treeslayer2003

Quote from: so il logger on January 28, 2015, 06:47:07 PM
Cut some pretty decent white oak today

nice white oak il. whats the dark in the middle on the second pic? white oak been real good here this year, they let alot go lately.

so il logger

Thanks guys, cut 37 like those today, some ran mineral stained like that. Or i think thats what it is? Most of them cut like the top pic. I think the ridges they was growing on had been pastured years ago.

CX3

Boy thats some dandy white oak.  Ive cut some good ones this week too for this area.  The best timber in my country wouldnt do near what you have, man those are good ones
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

treeslayer2003

id rather cut that size as far as making grade. some times giants don't grade as well. this one from 05 did though.

thats a 281 with a 24

so il logger

Dang that is a big one. We have some large dia. timber around here but like treeslayer said its just like that here as well.
Alot of the time when you walk up to a giant expecting beautiful butt cut, Its usually a let down. I didn't measure any stumps today the 395 was wearing a 24in. I got some pics of big blocking trees if ya like cottonwood ;D

treeslayer2003

CX3

OFFSITE IMAGES NOT ALLOWED

This is me and the boys at my last job.  Lot of tie timber.  Thats generally what we cut here, red oak tie logs.  There is some good walnut and white oak around, but the best is near the river.  Im in the hills lol
You Better Believe It!

treeslayer2003

Quote from: CX3 on January 28, 2015, 10:07:51 PM

This is me and the boys at my last job.  Lot of tie timber.  Thats generally what we cut here, red oak tie logs.  There is some good walnut and white oak around, but the best is near the river.  Im in the hills lol
thats all red oak?

so il logger

Nice looking pile of logs, and dang good lookin tractor. Id say my boys bout same size as yours and interested in logging as well :D theyre mom hates it but i rub it in

CX3

As far as I believe that pile is all red/black oak subspecies.  Maybe a white or post oak in the mix. 

Ya I like my skidder too 8) Its my baby. 

The boys love to help me work and run the machine and watch trees fall.  Momma dont mind, it pays the bills and keeps me happy too. 
You Better Believe It!

Maine logger88

Nice looking wood you guys are cutting! I just posted the last pics I took but here's a couple from last fall

And one from earlier this winter

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

so il logger

These pics are from 09 I think mainly cottonwood but it was a good time

Bert

Heres one from yesterday. I took alot of snow down the back for a few sticks!
Saw you tomorrow!

Autocar

CX3 your a lucky man thats two fine looking boy's, I bet it is alot of fun having them tag along. Be safe guys !
Bill

g_man

Those are some very nice big logs you guys are making. I work on the other end of the spectrum. Here is one I took at noon time today. Spruce and fir.

gg

David-L

Still cutting Pine for one more week then off to a hardwood lot.

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

so il logger

treeslayer2003

Quote from: so il logger on January 28, 2015, 11:05:57 PM
These pics are from 09 I think mainly cottonwood but it was a good time

a wheel loader! we still have one tho with two knucklebooms it don't get used much. AC 940

so il logger

I just wish I had  boom and a bucksaw :D We currently use a 910 cat wheel loader

David-L

Thanx, Berts Jack looks like a keeper also. Love the old iron. O Degrees when she fired over this a.m. Block heater for 1/2 hr and a quick snort from a warm can of either and she was talkin!!!
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Thank You Sponsors!