iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nevada Sawmills?

Started by desert sawman, September 15, 2010, 04:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert sawman

Hello to all again, it's desert sawman.
I finally got over to California for that grove of walnut trees and wow what a blast. I tried to load the pic's but it didn't work.. :'(    I have a few more trips to make over there to finish it but while I was over there the landowner had told me that she had a couple of trees that she wanted down and I could take the wood of one of them.  Well of course I didn't argue... 1 was a really nice Madrona about 60' tall and wider than my entire saw... And the other was a White Oak.  I was able to take the wood of the White Oak and instead of selling it for fire wood I was hoping to sell it to a cabinet shop that might have their own sawmill so it doesn't just go up in smoke. Right now it's cut in bout 6' lengths and I have the sister tree of it to get next time if I can find a buyer.  If anybody has an idea of who might want to purchase and mill this tree that is on the western US. Please leave me a reply.. I know that White Oak is not what you would call rare but to me it's beautiful and i would hate to see it not get used other than fire wood.  Thanks p/s I'll try to up load the pic's again for everyone to view.

Thank You Sponsors!