iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

low impact Logging?

Started by PeytonM, January 08, 2014, 07:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Alger

Peyton, If you're into low-impact or positive impact logging, maybe your future will  be thinning 15 acre hardwood lots to make veneer for the next generation. The trick will be to get paid for more than the low grade wood you remove. You should get more because you are adding great value to the residual stand.

John, I know Carl and think highly of him. He's the guy in VT I was referring to. I'll have to dig up a copy of the magazine. 

PeytonM

Quote from: Rick Alger on January 20, 2014, 08:43:37 AM
Peyton, If you're into low-impact or positive impact logging, maybe your future will  be thinning 15 acre hardwood lots to make veneer for the next generation. The trick will be to get paid for more than the low grade wood you remove. You should get more because you are adding great value to the residual stand.

John, I know Carl and think highly of him. He's the guy in VT I was referring to. I'll have to dig up a copy of the magazine.

Thats my idea. It's a select market, so when I'm not logging with the horses, I want to do food plots for deer hunters, or dig gardens. wagon rides, anything else I can do that I can hitch my horse too.

What Carl are you talking about?

northern2bodies

made our name and knowed around the area for super low impact.we do about 60-80tons a day,1 cutter&1 oper.on a f-4dion fowarder at a avg.1500ft from road side.also in the line-up is a 550g deere dozer to help out on trails,skidding very short distance.also worked with a rotobec fowarder for 8+ yrs with days of 200+ tons to road side hauling up to 2500 ft away on 2 shifts in hard woods.the dozer does a great job at the end by re-habing trails  and pushing tops and brush off the main trails for use of atv's by the landlords.word gets around and it will get you more work that you can handle by doing a little bit more
pro-logger in both hard and soft woods

Thank You Sponsors!