iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for a Poulan Pro 505

Started by Shellbark, January 09, 2012, 08:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbark

Hey everybody,im new here ,glad to find this site.I know the Poulan Pro 505 was an overweight saw for its power ,but I really liked mine.Unfortunately I traded it and Im still kickin myself.Now Im looking for another one.I heard there might still be a couple places that still have NOS Poulan Pros for sale,any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cut4fun

I know a guy that bought a NOS 505 back in Mar 2011 from a dealer. I think he has sold it since then. I just have a used 505 475 415.

Shellbark

Thanks,I like them black and yellow saws.Id like to have a Pioneer Partner too.New or used.Ever had any experience with the 655?I  never had the pleasure of usin one but I saw one in action,and it was a cuttin machine.Ive owned a few Stihls and Huskys through the years,and most every other brand ever made,I like the older saws better.I remember when McCulloch ,Poulan ,and Homelite still made good stuff.Too bad them days are gone.

Al_Smith

I  experianced an awakening early this last fall regarding Poulan .While I knew that in the past the company had made some very impresssive pro grade saws  I had never seen any in action until at a GTG about 25 miles from my house .

From my observation some select models I do believe  will hang with just about anything ever made including some models made today .--never judge a book by it's cover -- ;)

ladylake

Seems like everytime the big 2 come out with a new model it's the best thing sice sliced bread then a couple years later the truth comes out, it's just a 50, 60, 70 cc saw, with some old saws cutting just as fast even if at a slightly lower RPM.   How many cc is a poulan pro 505.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Al_Smith

I tend to agree they actually aren't any better in later years with several exceptions .

For example the spring suspension  system used on several modern saw models are more vibration free than rubber anti vibes but they are not  new at all .Fact is Poulan used same on some of the less expensive clam shell 46 cc models long before any others thought it was a great  idea .

From what I see some of the more modern saws might be a tad lighter and general up keep issues might be a little easier to preform but all in all they aren't really any better  nor faster .

man of stihl

Quote from: ladylake on January 10, 2012, 07:39:35 AM

Seems like everytime the big 2 come out with a new model it's the best thing sice sliced bread then a couple years later the truth comes out, it's just a 50, 60, 70 cc saw, with some old saws cutting just as fast even if at a slightly lower RPM.   How many cc is a poulan pro 505.   Steve
The 505's are 82.4cc. Same thing as a jonsered 2083. Very good saws BTW.

Thank You Sponsors!