iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Harbor Frieght dust collector upgrade ideas?

Started by azmtnman, November 26, 2022, 07:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Let us know how it works after several hours of work please.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

21incher

Looks good, the 5 inch super dust deputy was one of the best $150 that I spent upgrading my system. A good filter will definitely help. With a dust deputy if back pressure from the filter reduces flow below the charts posted fines will go through it. But it's all a guessing game setting up these low cfm systems that use small piping.
Why did you put the ground on the outside of your pvc? Plastic sewer pipe is an insulator. I had to run all mine inside the pipes and terminate one end at the  dust collector ground and all others to the metal frames of the tools they are hooked to. I understand that is the only safe way to ensure static is removed. Actually new building codes now ban plastic pipe I have been told so I am looking into metal. 
Nothing like working in a dust free environment.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Machinebuilder

The wire on the outside seems to be working to bleed off the static charge, it was mostly just enough to feel my arm hair stand up.

I would have like metal pipe but this is just a hobby shop and I have to watch costs some. There probably isn't 20' of pipe and maybe another 10' of hose.

I'll let everybody know how it works soon I will probably be planing a bunch of oak soon, I can fill the barrel pretty quickly.
Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

Machinebuilder

I know it's been a while since i posted about the Wynn Filter, so it's past time for a further review.

I have emptied the barrel under the cyclone 5-6 times. I have used the system for almost everything I could.
planer, table saw, track saw, chop saw, router, router table, sander, etc.

I needed to do some maintenance on my table saw, I may have neglected to turn the dust collector on a few times.
I found the cabinet about 1/2 full of sawdust. I used the dust collector to clean it out and some stringy chips clogged the cyclone.

I cleaned it out and thought the airflow ws a bit low, and the plastic bag was more inflated, that's a sign the filter is clogged.

I decided to take the filter outside to blow it out, I soon realized I should do that more often. When I finally got it cleaned out I had a pretty big mound of extremely fine dust.

The good, it stops a lot of dust, the not so good, it will take cleaning more often than I  did (empty the barrel more often also)

the air flow seems to be back to what it should be after cleaning the filter.
Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

Thank You Sponsors!