iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need a saw guide for a Foley Belsaw M-14 sawmill

Started by bobbydc, October 26, 2010, 05:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbydc

I recently purchased an old sawmill and all I need to set it up is a SM-2 Saw Guide or a 4S-1 Heavy duty saw guide. Anybody have an idea of where to start looking for an item like this? 

paul case

did you try timberking? they used to be foley belsaw.maybe they can help. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Birk-man

Here's how to contact Timberking for Belsaw parts.  Mike can send you a spreadsheet with all the parts that are still available through them.  I think the list was updated this past August. 

I'm away from my home computer where I have the last email I got from Mike.  I'll look later to see if they have the saw guide - if memory serves, they did have a few left in stock.

Here's Mike's contact info:

Mike Alexander
TimberKing, Inc.
(816) 483-1007

MikeA @ timberking.com  (remove spaces to use this address)

Please post pictures of your mill - I am also working on an M-14 and would like to see how you have yours set up.

birkman

weisyboy

god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

Birk-man

Frank -
I checked the inventory sheet Mike at Timberking sent - here are there part numbers and quantities as of August -

LOCATION   PART NUMBER   DESCRIPTION   COUNTED QTY
18-01-05-02   4669005   ARM SAW GUIDE           24
18-01-05-02   4669006   SAW GUIDE BRACKET   28

Prices were not included in the info he sent me so you'll have to contact him for that.

I took some photos of the two parts of my guide that I will post in a while.  If you choose to fab your own the pictures might help know what to shoot for.

birkman

bobbydc

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll get in touch with Mike.  I'll post some pictures soon as I get a chance.

Thank You Sponsors!