iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bandsaw blades??

Started by woodland84, February 07, 2020, 12:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodland84

What are your recommendations for bandsaw blades? I am trying to figure out which blades to purchase for a Woodland Mills HM130MAX.
Options are Lennox, Woodmizer, and Kasco.
Lennox seem the cheapest. I would be willing to pay extra for the better quality blade, within reason.
I would be mainly cutting red spruce, fir, pine and the occasion hardwood - red oak and beech.

farmfromkansas

Cooks sells blades for about any bandmill, and also offer a resharp program.  If you want they also sell sharpening equipment.  They have several blades to choose from, including Lenox, all you need to do is have the length of blade for your mill, and give them a call.  They are a sponsor of this forum.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

dgdrls

Try Wood Mizer, 
Contact
Nova Scotia
546 Stewart Hill Rd PO Box 8
B0N 2M0, Upper Musquodoboit,
Nova Scotia, Canada
902 568 2980
877 866 0667

Good luck with your new mill

D

SawyerTed

You might should try a couple of the blade manufacturers.  Most offer some type of pre packaged variety pack or a dealer will pack one for you.  

I dont have experience to say I if 14 hp is enough to pull the lower hook angles like 4°.  The guides seem to suggest a 7° or 9° will work.  Of course, generally speaking the lower hook angle is intended for harder species.  Some of the species you mention may need a 7° to saw flat though hard knots.

I'm not necessarily pushing you to Wood-Mizer but this link to their info on blade selection is a good guide to study.  Scroll down to the bottom and it recommends hook angle for different hardness woods.

Wood-Mizer Online Store - Blades
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

goose63

I like Kasco the best on my HM126
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!