iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

can you identify?

Started by woodmills1, September 17, 2004, 07:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

beenthere

Looks like a concrete plug or corner post arrangement. Appears to be some cornstalks mixed in with it.

Now, what is it really?   ::) ::) ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodmills1

fun answer.

anyone else wanna try?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

It looks like you spaded up a potted plant.  It wouldn't be Asparagus, would it?

Jeff

I think its a petrified elephants foot. He probably succumbed to the flames while stomping out burning ducks. I think you can still see some feathers in there.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Tom

Yeah!  An Elephant's foot.  Now that you mention it. :P

woodmills1

Yes much closer in size to an elephants foot than asparagas.  By the way it is sitting on a solid 8x8x16 concrete block with a 4 inch stovepipe length in the background,

etat

Had ta study for a few days afore it come to me  PLAIN AS DAY.  :P 

It's absolutely, without a doubt an ancient grit making rock.

See that there hollowed out part there on top.  

One a them 'personal sized models'.

Small enough ta be portable.

Long, long before the days of the infamous '  deflangulator kunooter motor'

Used by ancient tribesman as a base to crack walnuts and hicker nuts, and 'CRUSH CORN TA MAKE GRITS'! 8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Minnesota_boy

It's hard to see in the picture, but I think it might be a lightning strike vitrification.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

woodmills1

good answers, but no not any.  Is wood.  do you need a hint?

SwampDonkey

Well.......I'm stumped.  ;D  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

Ah-hh-h  !

Is it the bud and stump of a cemetery palm? (Sago)

Stephen_Wiley

Upon first look it reminded me of a girdled root ball with the burlap still on.

But the puzzling absence of a stump on the top. Caused me to look a little closer. Not certain but the upper area looks much like the top of a 'conk' most probably Ganoderma, Phaeolus, or Fomitopsis spp.  ???
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

woodmills1

take a look at the easy garage post in the general section.

Tom

I know what it is!   It's a ...walnut root from %$#@. ;D

woodmills1

exactly

piece of the root from that walnut stump, almost 11 inches across.

I cut this piece out 10 feet away from the stump and was not able to move the remainder toward the stump.  Thats when I figured I would leave it in place and cut it off below the floor line.

Let me know If you want a chunk to turn as your prize Tom!

Tom

Charlie might, but, I'm too lazy.  :D :D

woodmills1

Let me know cause I have at least 3 friends who make the drive from NH to Fla. every year and they owe me so I could just send it.

Thank You Sponsors!