iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fabtek forwarders

Started by Firewoodjoe, January 16, 2022, 07:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

Generally yes. The Fabteks I've been around have electric over hydraulic controls and others electronics. The old Valmets are mostly mechanical, the 4bt cummins only needs 12v to run, the joysticks are all pilot control so no electronics there. Like I said not the most comfy or ergonomic, but pretty bullet proof. Can fix just about anything with hand tools and a voltmeter.

Firewoodjoe

I'll have to stop and compare them. I was thinking the fabteks had pilots also. 

Mountaynman

Having owned and run a newer timberking/cat and then a 20000 hr fabtek those machines are tough and very reliable anything after 99 is electronic joysticks . There will always be parts available as they were componet built 1200/1400 jd series front axles and jd tourque convertor and powershift transmission both had 6068t jd engines. The rest any good wrench can figure out Jason at milton cat in brewer me was able to get build sheets from the serial num. Not sure anymore since the sale he had a direct line to the factory with weiler buying stuff may have changed. 
Semi Retired too old and fat to wade thru waist deep snow hand choppin anymore

Firewoodjoe

barbender

The rear bogeys are all the parts availability problems I've ever heard about on the Fabteks. In fact, I just saw someone had an ad on the local CL looking for a bogey stub axle.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!