iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cranab 6025 Loader leaking fluid.

Started by timberjack230d, February 10, 2014, 03:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack230d

Hi. I have a Timberjack 230 with an older Cranab 6025 Loader on it and it seems that after using it in the -15 to -20 temperatures, it has started leaking hydraulic fluid out of what looks like a drain between the 2 horizontal cylinders on the right side of the machine. This loader has the 4 (2 on each side) cylinders laying flat at the base of the loader. They seem to be attached to the main boom by large lock-nuts. Does anybody have any idea what might be wrong??? Thanks in advance.  Peter.
Timberjack 230D
Hakki 1x37
Belarus 825 w/logging winch
Stihl 260
Husqvarna 562 XPG
Pioneer Partner 5000 Pro
Rottne Enviro log Harvester

David-L

Sounds like one of the slewing cylinders has a packing leak. kinda like the brake piston on a eaton winch when it goes bad the fluid leaks by the packing and blows out the vent. cold weather blew some weak hoses on my skidder a few weeks ago.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

bushmechanic

Yep David-L is right on the money the seal kit is leaking on one or more of the slewing pistons and it is comming out the vent. That base is supposed to be filled with gear oil. It's not a hard job to fix it, just loosen the lock nut and then unscrew the cylinder to access the pistons change the packings and reassemble it again. Just make sure that the lock nut is tightened good if those cylinders have any movement they will blow off stripping the threads. Good luck.

timberjack230d

Thanks for your replies guys! I took them apart and found 1 of the seals has a ripple of sorts in it and i'm thinking that may be the weak link. i have a new set coming today. I will let you know how I make out. Thanks again!
Timberjack 230D
Hakki 1x37
Stihl 260
Husqvarna 562 XPG
Pioneer Partner 5000 Pro

Autocar

Another thing to remember is cold makes things shrink Ive had power steering motor and a hyd.valve leak but as soon as the fluid warmed up the rubber and steel must exspand just enough to stop it.
Bill

timberjack230d

Just an update. I replaced the seals in the slew cylinders and everything seems fine now.One of the seals had a ripple in it and I think that was the weak point. Thanks to all for your replies. They were a great help!
Timberjack 230D
Hakki 1x37
Stihl 260
Husqvarna 562 XPG
Pioneer Partner 5000 Pro

Thank You Sponsors!