iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

athey skidder questions

Started by young athey, June 15, 2016, 07:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

young athey

hello, im new here, so hi everyone. but down to buisiness. my dad and i are working for an older guy, were going trough all his old machines and vehicles and getting them back and running. were now fighting to find a clutch disc for an athey skidder. i personally havent had a chance to even get my hands in it, been working at my other job. so i dont have much information on year or engine. but my problem is i cant find any information on athey skidders. so any leads or knowledge any of you have for me? any help would be awesome and much apriciated.

treeslayer2003

figure out who made the transmission and go from there. and we need pics! i only ever saw one and that was years ago.

Neilo

Looks like they have a 453 Detroit. Clutch might be standard size. I have never seen one of these skidders.

thecfarm

I've never heard of one. Southern thing?? Canada?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doghunter

made in raleigh nc. uses a lot of clark components some timberjack components were used

coxy

the one that was around here had a 353 in it and a np 540 tranny had the same clutch and pressure plate as a 230 tj I bought the tranny and f/r box out of it not shur if it was factory but it was in it

millcreek40

There is a nice looking one on albany ny Craigslist right now
Two 240A Timberjacks, Mack log truck, Multitek 2040 wood processor.

Maine372

cfarm, theres one on route 4 in Farmington above where the town farm road comes out and before peter tylers, if you want a closer look.

thecfarm

Was just up there the other day. I must of seen it. Just did not know what I am seeing.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!