iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Still going strong in November !

Started by scully, November 07, 2016, 08:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scully

The weather has been holding and I am still making sawdust ! Had a nice job over the weekend . Ended with some 2" bye 24" walnut slabs !

It was a nice run of logs , hickory , butternut , and walnut . Just under 1700 bf total . My best poratble season ever !  smiley_fiddler
I bleed orange  .

taylorsmissbeehaven

That's fantastic! Looks like a pretty place to work with good support equipment. Happy sawing, Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

drobertson

That's a mighty fine looking walnut! Happy for you on a satisfying job, it does make it all worth while at the end of day.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

cutterboy

I'm glad to hear this was a good year for you. It's really nice when you can look back at the year you've had and be happy about it. Nice looking lumber and a nice place to mill it.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

newoodguy78

Congratulations on the banner year. That's some impressive walnut you got into there.

dgdrls

Nice Work Scully,  very glad to see you doing well

Dan

WDH

I will take that walnut off your hands  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

Danny you will have to get in line as I am closer than you.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Sixacresand

Looks like there may be a pickup race from GA to NY state.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Jack S

enjoy the weather while you can Scully. I remember when I lived in NY state what happens when you live off the east end of lake ontario this time of year. stay tuned folks for an update from Scully one of these days. Jack

Kbeitz

We have little caterpillars here in Pa that has two colors...  black brown black.
The amount of black determines how severe the winter weather will be. Wide black stripes mean a bad winter
The only ones I have seeing are all black.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Jack S

Hey Scully, I think the time has come for a weather update in your part of the country.   Jack

69bronco

:D
Quote from: Jack S on November 21, 2016, 07:05:06 PM
Hey Scully, I think the time has come for a weather update in your part of the country.   Jack
:D :snowball:

scully

As of of the 19th we started opening day of deer season in the high 50's . Bye 5PM it was a driving rain and temps dropping like a rock ! Sunday morning was wet and we had about 1 inch of snow . As of this morning Nov. 22 the wind has calmed and we have about a foot ? The drifts are unreal ! I have the mill backed out over the lawn to a pile of hemlock that I need to mill an order of 2x out of . This won't be to bad but I have to move a couple logs around with my wood truck and log tongs . The yard is like grease now .  I also have a pending job that came in since this post but as I explained to the customer I will not pull my mill on winter roads . I'm not throwing in the towel yet ! If we get a warm snap and the roads are clear and dry I am on my way ! All in all this has been a prity darn good season ! I intend to fire up the mill at least once a month all winter and make lumber just because I can ! I have a small stash of logs right here at the house . I have said in the past to folks that milling lumber is a form of therapy for me . I have since named the mill " The Therapist "
I bleed orange  .

Chuck White

I just went out and measured the snow depth on the picnic table.

We got 16 inches of snow, starting around 2:00AM on Sunday and ending somewhere around 2:00AM on Tuesday!

Took about an hour and a half to clear the snow around the house and garage (driveways) yesterday and about an hour to do it again this morning!

Hard to believe that on Saturday we had 70° here, then woke up to all this on Sunday, but it is that time of year again!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!