iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vented Chainsaw Hard hat...

Started by Woodhog, October 28, 2005, 09:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhog

Does anyone know who sells a "vented" hard hat all geared up with ear muffs/ face screen for
using  with a chainsaw????

Thanks

Rockn H

Bailey's over on the left has a couple of vented hard hats.  northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company also has a conventional hard hat with vents along the top ridge.  All can be used with face shield and hearing protection.

rebocardo

The only problem with vented hats, because I had thought of getting one, is the bugs that drop down inside it while you are using it. Cutting down trees with carpenter ants (which can give a pretty good bite), cockroaches, and powder post beetles might be a bit unpleasant if inside the hat. So, I would make sure it was screened on the vent openings.

I know someone makes a hat with a fan that I had thought about getting for those GA summer months.

lxskllr

I use a Petzl Vertex Vent as my construction helmet, as well as climbing and general saw work. I'm pretty happy with it, but it's an expensive system. You're looking at ~$200 for everything.

edit:
Doh! I was following a [Like] link, and didn't realize how old this thread was. Oh, well. The above still stands. Petzl makes a nice expensive system...

edit:
spelling

Air Lad

Quote from: lxskllr on May 17, 2020, 02:35:34 PM
I use a Petzel Vertex Vent as my construction helmet, as well as climbing and general saw work. I'm pretty happy with it, but it's an expensive system. You're looking at ~$200 for everything.

edit:
Doh! I was following a [Like] link, and didn't realize how old this thread was. Oh, well. The above still stands. Petzel makes a nice expensive system...
Nevermind, still a timely reminder of the importance of safety gear smiley_thumbsup

Thank You Sponsors!