iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

rockwell planetary on skidder/loaders

Started by lynde37avery, April 22, 2015, 09:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynde37avery

so i got a chance to look at some used planetary hub covers for my franklin skidder. "rockwell pr52" they are on an old TROJAN loader from the 60s'70s era. the hubs look identical. now i havent measured them up yet with mine. but if they are the same what should i offer $$$ for one cover? thats if the guy doesnt all ready have a price in mind. any advice on this is great. im almost back to logging too :) toe looks good.
Detroit WHAT?

treeslayer2003

lat one i had to buy was 600 shipped from Pa. cheap, a place in SC wanted 1800 for a clark unit.
i also got some at a local yard at 100 each........try to feel him out.

tantoy

I have one off my skidder today because oil leak. Took it too my local bearing house and was quoted close to 150.00 just for a speedy sleeve, not to mention the cost of the seal which he could not source, SO make sure the area where the seal rides is good as that could influence what you pay, although I guess you probably cant take the axle apart before you buy?
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

lynde37avery

I just need the planetary cover. A tight one. I got a leaky one. Pins slop in it.
Detroit WHAT?

tantoy

Ok just re read post. I was talking about the planetary/ spindle . Just hub cover would be good to have the extra planet gears and pins parts. 

1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

HiTech

That cover looks like the ones I have on my C4. The rubber piece in the grove is what makes them tight. I had one leaking and had one heck of a time finding that big rubber O ring. Once that was replaced the leaking stopped. They will also leak around the center of the cover. There is a pin there that the axle must ride against. I had a guy tell me he welded around his as it leaked. I would think cleaned up and some kind of sealant would solve that problem. You can get new gears and pins pressed in. It's hard to believe that those little gears take all the stress they do.

coxy

we never had to much trouble with the gears we always broke the spindle hub where the ring of bolts go to the housing from winching side ways  with the pr75s never broke a spindle hub  does your rims have 8-10 or12 bolt pattern

ga jones

A brand new one with the pressed in brass pins is $ 568.00
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

ga jones

If there is oil leaking around the pins the (spider) is shot. Spider is the the name of the cover.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

bushmechanic

I think the cover with the gears is all that's good for the skidder as a lot of the loaders had different hubs for brake discs and the like.

lynde37avery

Yea where the planet gears are on my cover the 3 pins they leak. All loose goosey. $568 new? Where at?
Detroit WHAT?

ga jones

Cj logging. It comes from aftermarket parts inc. shipped to my door

GRANITEstateMP

I got a couple different parts from Aftermarket Parts Inc for my old Case IH 585, did some on the phone and some on the magic internet machine, they were pretty helpful and good to deal with on the phone.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

lynde37avery

Parts aquired. Plus lots more soon To come.  If someone needs something let me know.
Detroit WHAT?

ajarvis8

I came across this post by searching pictures on google. I know this is a very old post, but i am getting desperate. I have 1970s backhoe (dynahoe) which seems to share and axle and other components with some skidders.

the back i am working on is missing brake shoes on one side.  Does anyone here have any recommendations on boneyards which may have some laying around.  The Axle is a planetary Rockwell Axle.  ill post pictures of the shoes, i can get more pictures of the axle.

Thanks.

mike_belben

Laquila construction in flatbush brooklyn had a bunch of these machines they were trying to sell a few yrs ago, and a series buildings full of maintenance stuff.  Theyd likely have something or know who did.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!