iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 066 parts needed.

Started by Tillaway, March 20, 2002, 11:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tillaway

I am trying to breath some life into a old model 066.  The saw is in very good shape except I need a ignition module.  The problem is that Stihl quit using that module very early in the production run.  My local dealer says that they junk them all with the "Red Light" ignition.  My only hope is to find an old one with a working "Red Light" ignition module or convert to an late run 064 ignition.

I need;

Best option, an 064 single key fly wheel and ignition module.

Or

A a single key fly wheel from a early 066 with the upgraded ignition module.  I guess these are nearly impossible to find.

Or

A working "Red Light" ignition module.  This is not a recomended fix but would get it running.

If you have or know anyone with a junk 066 or 064, I would be very happy to hear from you. :)
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Frank_Pender

I have a old 064. you can hve for the shipping.  Let me know where you want it sent. ;)
Frank Pender

Jeff

I'll take my 10% of that sale. les see, 10% of 0 is... :-/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Frank_Pender

I reckon you can charge Kevin, 8) 8) 8) as he gets to pay the freight.
Frank Pender

Frank_Pender

My mistake, Tillaway. I appologize.  :'( Sorry Kevin, you are always taling saws, I had a senior moment. :'(  they seem to be getting closer all the time. 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Jim Spencer

I am quite sure that Stihl and also Husquvarna will guarantee there electronic ignitions for life.
I was told that by someone who services Stihl saws.
But you have to press them when you have a problem.
Jim

Thank You Sponsors!