iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Illinois Black Walnut Veneer Log Harvest

Started by asca65290, June 10, 2012, 09:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asca65290

Quote from: Jeff on June 15, 2012, 10:21:04 AM
How in the world is the first line an insult?  I said I had a hard time seeing any veneer in the photos? That was eluded to way before I said it. I probably should have used better punctuation and use of smiles. I meant no offense. I was tired when I posted from being gone from home for several days.

I apologize now for my not taking sufficient time to write a post that would not offend you, yet let you know that we have rules pertaining to the sharing of photos so that the Forestry Forum content maintains its integrity for years to come. Rules that apply to everyone. People with the best intentions delete content from websites. It happens all the time.

I was not referring to the veneer part, but the suggestion that my company and website would not be around in a year or two.  Anyway, apology accepted and we can move on.

asca65290

Quote from: tyb525 on June 14, 2012, 06:14:32 PM
I could see some defect in the bark of that cherry, did a forester inspect the trees before they were cut, how were they determined to be veneer?

A few of you have commented about whether these logs are veneer quality or not.  The way it worked is that a forester and I walked the woods, determined which trees we thought were mature and ready to be harvested and those logs were marked.  A logger cut the marked trees and they were assembled for buyers to look at and bid on.  They were sold to the highest bidder (from Iowa) and were hauled off.  Not all of those trees were veneer quality, of course, but a number of them were.

Jeff

Again I'm sorry, I in no way was referring to the company or the website, just the photos. I didn't even know it was your website. Just that it was offsite of the forum server. Time and time again, people simply remove content from websites because they feel it is dated, to make room for more, or inadvertently. My concern is always for the Forestry Forum.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Quotethe suggestion that my company and website would not be around in a year or two

And that can be taken as a challenge to think on, not an insult. ;)

Talk is easy, but walking that walk is what we hope works for you.
From the pics shown, and the mistakes made by whoever dropped the trees, there is a lot to be learned from them and I for one hope it goes well for you (especially the learning part so it can be done safely).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!