iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Malware

Started by Magicman, June 21, 2013, 08:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

What is a good (recommended) anti-malware for me to download?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Weekend_Sawyer

Now, if you would stay off those sites you wouldn't have that problem.  :D :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Magicman

:D  I didn't say that I had it.....I said that I wanted it.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jim_Rogers

I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware which is a free program, or at least it was when I downloaded it.

from here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

I also use SuperAntispyware free edition, from http://www.superantispyware.com/

Each of these programs have "paid" versions. I have looked at them to see if the paid version is worth it or not.
I haven't had any reason to do that.
Superanitspyware seems to find most everything that need to be deleted.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jeff

I use the pay version of Malwarebytes.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on June 21, 2013, 09:09:37 AMI use the pay version of Malwarebytes.
I did too.  $25 is cheap insurance.  I have a friend that just had to pay $200 to have his PC fixed.   :-\

Warbird

Malwarebytes and CCleaner are what I used when running/fixing Windows.  The latter is not malware specific but does a good job fixing up all sorts of other issues.