iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Long time wood worker first time timber framing

Started by iv3359, August 09, 2017, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iv3359

My wife asked me to build a cabana by the pool so I thought I would try my hand at timber framing. I have never planned out a wood working project like I'm planning out this cabana. I started with a scaled drawing 1 1/2" = 1'. Then I made a actual model with just butt joints on the same scale. Then drew out all the joints full scale detailing the joinery. Now I am in the process of making a 3"=1' scale model of some of the more difficult joints. Mite be overkill, but I don't have my own mill and have to buy my timbers and they are not cheep. Its going to be made of 8x8, 6x6, 2x8 cypress. I going pick up the timbers Friday and start the real deal this weekend. Wish me luck.

IVY From South East Louisiana[/img]

PS As soon as I can figure out how to add pics I will. Can someone advise?

Jim_Rogers

looks like you got it.
welcome to the forum.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

fishfighter

Welcome a board. What part of SE Louisiana you are from? I'm just north of BR. There is a fellow that saws Cypress just up the road from me that has real good prices. Oh, that is the only thing he saws. Goes thru an easy 2000 logs each spring.

iv3359

I am from Prairieville LA. I found a guy in Moreaville LA, Near Marksville selling for rite at 2$ a BF. Sorry its Taken so long to reply.

IVY

iv3359

Have the top of the king post done and one knee brace.. SLOW PROGRESS.
https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/46657/IMG_83575B15D.JPG?easyrotate_cache=1502895728[/img]
MG_83715B15D.JPG?easyrotate_cache=1502895754[/img]

Thank You Sponsors!