iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quick Test

Started by Kevin, September 18, 2002, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Lift the chain off the bar, if the bottom of the drive link clears the bar rails the chain is too loose.
You should be able to lift the drive link off the rails but if the bottom of the driver  clears the rails you should consider tensioning the chain slightly.

Now, everyone go try it and report back to Jeff.  :D

Jeff

I don't have a chainsaw so I tried to lift my drive link out of my computor chair. My bottom did not clear the chair rails so I had Jeremy bring me a busch lite so I could begin the getting tight part.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

KiwiCharlie

G'day Kevin,

Do I get a prize for being able to get my whole hand through the gap?? ??? :D :D
Guess not.
Good tip but, on a serious note.
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Kevin

Charlie, if you have your hand between Jeff and his chair you`re asking for trouble.  ;D

LeeB

and don't forget the rakers when sharpening. kept wondering why I couldn't get my chain sharp. had to take about a 32nd off the rakers. cuts like crazy now. LeeB ::)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!