iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Every mill should come with a leaf blower

Started by WV Sawmiller, July 21, 2015, 05:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ox

I've heard of guys using a leaf blower for a makeshift turbo when messing around with engines.  I think I remember seeing a guy with a Farmall M pulling tractor with a gas leaf blower rigged up on youtube.  I could see how you can richen the mixture and compensate with the extra air being forced in the intake.  Maybe we'll start seeing homemade turbo sawmill engines!  Take the engine or motor off an old leaf blower and run a belt to a pulley and there's your turbo!   :laugh: :P

Not really.  ::)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Banjo picker

When buying a leaf blower to clean a saw mill, pay more attention to the volume of air it produces than the speed of the air.....Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

sigidi

We just got one of these at the mill....

Works great, some before shots around the 5 head planer...

And after 15 mins...

And all the sawdust is neatly stowed inside and wheeled away to the pile, no dust cloud from being blown across the mill floor :-D
Always willing to help - Allan

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!