iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Think you got bad weather???

Started by Coon, January 10, 2007, 05:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

No wimpering and whining now there Swamp.  You got what you asked for. :D :D :D  Hope it teaches you for braggin' bout your weather. :D :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

slowzuki

It was -10 F this morning (-22 C for us Canadians) and the high is -1 F (-18 C) today.  I plugged the 5000 W construction heater into the stove outlet for the day so my pipes won't freeze after the fire goes out.

SwampDonkey

It was -15 °F here, and now up to -5 °F. Burrrrr....  smiley_sun fire_smiley
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Larry

Sis sent me few winter pics from west Kansas this morning.  Snow up to the roof on the houses, and electric high line towers crumpled up like aluminum foil.  She didn't mention what the temperature was, but with the wind howling at 60 mph who cares.

Can't imagine anybody wanting to live in west Kansas...except for sis. ::) ::)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

SwampDonkey

I wonder how that computer programmer and his wife are making out there in the middle of no mans land. :D :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Not gonna try to decipher that sentence of SD's......no way.  ;)  Not with a 10' pole.....
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Beenthere, in the Full Member section look for a thread on 'Real life of a Computer Programmer'. Something to that effect. You'll see what I mean from the link to his website. ;) I bet she's dang cold out there tonight. :D

Coon

Not here it ain't Swamp. :D :D :D  had a high of -4C today.  Beauty of a winter day.  That's gonna changew on Sunday. :(

SwampDonkey

-22 °C here this morning Coon.  fire_smiley

farmerdoug

It is finally nice here.  8) The temp yesterday was a low of 2°F.  Today it is 15°F for the low.  This is great winter weather.  The ground and ice is freezing fast.  We have less than an inch of crusty snow on the ground.

The logs are starting to move now.  I am going to take delivery of 5+ loads either tomorrow or Saturday.  I can actually start logging out of my woods now too.  I hope this cold sticks around for a while.

I may even get to ice fish this year. 8)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

SwampDonkey

Coon, 12 - 16 inches of snow coming this weekend. Environment Canada says a lot less, but the local weatherman in Presque'Isle ,Maine really doubts it as there is a severe winter storm warning forecast over there starting tomorrow and into Sunday morning. We are having what they call a 'storm bomb' with two merging lows. One off the coast and one from the Great Lakes. Winter's here. ;D

Coon

It's about time you easterners get winter.  We have ahd more than our share already.

Hope you got everything ready for the snow removal..  You better find you No.7 Scoop Shovel and get it all pollished up. :D :D

SwampDonkey

No, I got my No.7 snow blower all fueled up and ready to run the guantlet. I hope the cold wind don't pack the snow hard or it's going to be like work.  ::) Well now I can get the snowshoes out that I ain't needed in 2 years and break trails to confuse the border patrol fly boys. :D :D

Coon

Just hope they don't think that the sasquatches migrated that far east.  :D :D :D

SwampDonkey

It's not doing too much right now, and we have 4 inches since 6:30 am. I blew snow awhile ago and ready for another dump if it should arrive.

SwampDonkey

Never did much after I blew snow yesterday afternoon, maybe an inch on the front step. Wind is blowing though. I was out at 5:00 am cleaning the drifted snow off and walked down to the shop and back up with the blower. We got 5 inches all together here in the storm (10 inches Total Accum. since Jan 1st), I measured where the snow doesn't blow much. There are some tall drifts, maybe 3 feet. I seen the stars out, so I don't know if it's all over or what. Wasn't much of a 'storm bomb'. I think the fuse burnt out. :D It rained in Saint John, and probably up into Sussex, and +4.4 C according to CBC's website. It's gone down to 18 F here from a high of about 30 F yesterday. Tried to take a picture of the ruler, but couldn't focus in the dark.

Coon

Swamp watch out.  The storm could still be building elsewhere.  We have had that a few times this winter.  You think its all over and you settle in for the night with clear skies outside.  Before morning it is snowing and blowing like you wouldn't believe.  You're gonna get a good dump yet.  Just wait and see. ;)

isawlogs

Coon , I know something about that ....

I had to deal with this day before yesterday ....  Did not amount to much but was a pain to drive in for three hours .  :-\  Still ....ya got to love winter .  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Samuel

Here is some winter pics around my house.  I did drive in the blizzard last week that reaped havoc on Alberta.  From Edmonton to Peace River I counted 45 people off the road, 11 roll-overs, however did not have my camera with me.  We have more snow up here this year already than we did all last winter put together.  Anyhow, enjoy the pics.

Backyard to Gate (Note the big unobstructed view of the sky):

Path from gate to the house:

Front of House:

Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Thank You Sponsors!